Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Should I stop worrying?

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:36 PM
  • 24 Replies

My husband and I have been together for 5 happy years. We got married in May of last year, and we have two beautiful children...one is 3years and the other is 8months. With us getting married in our young twenties, I'm scared that maybe he will lose interest in me. I mean I know he is very faithful which is hard to find now a days and he loves his children and myself...but I keep having this thought of him not wanting to be with me. Should I stop worrying? I mean, I wouldn't have married him if I knew we wouldn't be together forever. This is just a thought that recently popped into my mind after speaking with friends who have gotten married and then have it end.

by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ittyprincess604
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I guess, honestly there's always that chance. But if you continue to worry about it, it could start to ruin your relationship because you will always be waiting for him to just leave. I would say to try and stay positive!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Ava.Ayden
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:40 PM

You are definitely right there. I guess I will start looking on the bright side and stop thinking of the negative that hasn't even happened. Thanks :)

Quoting ittyprincess604:

I guess, honestly there's always that chance. But if you continue to worry about it, it could start to ruin your relationship because you will always be waiting for him to just leave. I would say to try and stay positive!

BonitaM
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2012 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this

If he hasn't given you any reason to worry, which it sounds like he hasn't then yes, stop worrying.  You should never compare your relationship to others....just do what works for you guys.

lauriebash
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

If he hasn't given you any reason to doubt your relationship, why are you? Because of what happens to other people? Hon, take it from someone that has been married a VERY long time. Don't look for problems. Enjoy what you have. Don't listen to others that are likely jealous of what you have.

MamaHome
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Stop worrying and just be happy!

You are his beautiful wife that he loves, so just let it go. :)

mommy2two25
by Member on May. 29, 2012 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
You sound like me! I married my dh when I was 21 & we have 2 kids. I worry he will leave me or only with me because of the kids. The way I look at it is... He wouldn't have married you if he didn't think you would work out. Yes, there is always that chance because a lot of people don't take marriages seriously. Its my fear too so your not alone- lol! I just say to stay positive & show affection to him often :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by Alanna on May. 29, 2012 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
You can't live your life worrying about crazy things like that. Anything can happen but don't live in fear that he's going to do it. Your beautiful and I'm sure he is in love with you as much as you are with him. He sounds like a good guy! Relax girl!!
CrazyLife1996
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
The secret is to never forget each other. No matter how tired or stressed you have to make time for each other every single day.

Even 5 mins
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Des10ed2b
by Member on May. 29, 2012 at 8:37 PM

i was like this for a long time too. i was 22 when i got married, he was 28. we have been married 5 years next month and have been together for 7.5 years. it wasnt until the last year or so that i didnt drive past apartment complexes and think, "i should probably go check that place out when we get divorced" or something of the sort. 

eventually you just get to a point where it just isnt WORTH worrying about. it just takes up time and energy and it is detrimental to your relationship. just roll with the punches, what is meant to happen with happen!

raegan1221
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2012 at 8:41 PM

I guess there's always that chance but no need to worry about it. A lot of times it's easy to get these things in our heads listening to other people..everyone has their problems. Just remember how much you love each other at the end of the day:) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)