Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this has been my day....had to run to store this morning (5 mins away) to get milk...daughter went with me. husband got mad cuz he said my girls r always stuck up my ass so when i got home he was gone. i tried to call him and he wouldnt answer. he came back about an hour later and wouldnt speak ti me. we were supposed to go out tonight and now hes refusing. he says me and my girls can just hang out from now on. he left again and when i called to ask him where he was going he said its none of my business. hes always on me about spending more time with my kids than with him. i admit when we first vot together it was true cuz it had only been me and my girls for a long time but now that they are older we pretty much do our own things but he gets mad about dum stuff like this morning...we were gone ten mins! am i wrong on this?

thanks!
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Replies (21-27):
Ginnymarie33
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Sounds like he's a little sick in the head.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Quoting samanthabecker:

Try to include him in everything. Honey going to the store, want to come with? Honey I'm going upstairs to do the wash, want to come with? Honey I am going to take a shower, want to come with? That way he can't bitch

This is what I was thinking.

Honey, going to the bathroom..wanna come with? LOL!!

It is important to spend time with each other but not by ignoring the children.

LilySlim - (d3wP)

i.heart.myboys
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

I'm sorry but he needs to pull his head out of his ass.  Your kids ALWAYS come first.  Always.  If he can't handle that, show him the door.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashleigh_17
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:05 PM
I agree with a majority of the women here, your children are your children. He sounds selfish and going to the store with your child is very much the normal routine for like 99% of parents. If they were his kids would things be different?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ruby_jewel_04
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:40 PM

He sounds like he's being a jerk and is totally in the wrong. Don't let him get away with treating you that way. What an ass.

jlp566
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:10 PM

OMG I could write a book on my life....sorry to keep going on about this but I'm just not the type of person to walk out on a marriage at the drop of a hat and I don't want to lose a good thing.....so i just talked to him and asked him if he wanted me to leave like he told me over the weekend. he said he didn't care what i did but for me to realize that once I leave it's over and done.  Also told me that from now on he's not doing anything else with me that we can just live our own lives, me with my kids and him by himself since all I wanna do is spend time with them.   Let me add that I took the last two Friday's off from work cause he was off and we could spend the whole day together cause the kids were still in school then, and we have went out twice, just me and him, in the last two weeks....once out to eat and the other just for a drive.    Plus last Saturday he took his son to car races and I took my kids and his other two kids to a grad party for his niece...and I never said anything about any of it, I want him to spend time with his kids.  I'm sorry, I'm just really struggling with this, it's a big decision for me and I still really love him.  And before you say anything yes we've tried counselling...we went twice and now he won't go anymore. 

Thanks for all of your help. shrugging

newstepmom61811
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:51 PM
I think you have your answer...he's already checked out of the relationship, as much as told you so.

Quoting jlp566:

OMG I could write a book on my life....sorry to keep going on about this but I'm just not the type of person to walk out on a marriage at the drop of a hat and I don't want to lose a good thing.....so i just talked to him and asked him if he wanted me to leave like he told me over the weekend. he said he didn't care what i did but for me to realize that once I leave it's over and done.  Also told me that from now on he's not doing anything else with me that we can just live our own lives, me with my kids and him by himself since all I wanna do is spend time with them.   Let me add that I took the last two Friday's off from work cause he was off and we could spend the whole day together cause the kids were still in school then, and we have went out twice, just me and him, in the last two weeks....once out to eat and the other just for a drive.    Plus last Saturday he took his son to car races and I took my kids and his other two kids to a grad party for his niece...and I never said anything about any of it, I want him to spend time with his kids.  I'm sorry, I'm just really struggling with this, it's a big decision for me and I still really love him.  And before you say anything yes we've tried counselling...we went twice and now he won't go anymore. 

Thanks for all of your help. shrugging

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)