Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He Gave Me His Laptop Because...

Posted by   + Show Post

he would rather not have one than have me know the password to it. So he wiped it and gave it to me...

More info-I can't lie and say that he didn't give me a reason, he straight up told me that 1. he wants me to have certain things locked and for me to have to get his permission for various changes, etc

2.He has files that he just doesn't want me in

I kind of get the 2nd one just for privacy reasons but as far as the 1st one, why can't I have your pw and just ask if its a change I'm unsure about?

Idk, I don't think he's cheating or anything but with the way he does some things he surely doesn't always put my mind at ease.

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Replies (41-50):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Oh wow

Adamswifeypoo08
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this

i wouldnt go straight to cheating but thats just insane. Major red flags should be going off

rayroe2
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:41 AM

wow......I wouldn't have that truly my husband tired to be like that with his phone and he was hiding things and I fixed that shit, you ain't gonna keep anything from me in a marriage.

Poppymary
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:23 AM

well you might think you fixed it ;) its not that hard to get another phone, ipad, computer or even just use a public access computer at the library (example). There's always a way around if someone is determined enough. I hope you're right, though.

You can't 100% control anything, there's always a way..somehow.

Quoting rayroe2:

wow......I wouldn't have that truly my husband tired to be like that with his phone and he was hiding things and I fixed that shit, you ain't gonna keep anything from me in a marriage.

Poppymary
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:28 AM

to an extent I agree 95%, but I think we're all entitled our skeletons in the closet (referring to things prior to meeting your current spouse).... like how he had sex with his Ex-gfs before we ever knew each other existed or things he did as a young man...those aren't things I need to know. And we all have those memories that are just tucked away like that. If there's nothing postive to be achieved from knowing it, then why tell it? Some things are better left unsaid imho.

Quoting disnchntdwife:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/filerecovery/f/recover-files.htm 

Check this link out. Dont use the computer until you first download a file recovery system. Get to the bottom of this now. It sure doesnt sound good. Married people shouldnt be keeping secrets imho. Best of luck

Poppymary
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:34 AM

I'm glad that it worked out for you guys.

However I gotta add from my own experience, that getting them to share, doesn't mean they dont have a backup plan up their sleeves. It might appear all hunky dory, but in a time of privacy they are logging into that secret FB acct (example) that you dont know they made and talk to everyone in creation and you are left totally in the dark about it because they hid it so well and covered their tracks regularly. Its very very easy to tell and show people what they want to see and hear. Once the dust is cleared, they can then create their other accts and resume what they were doing before. While, I'm sure its rare, it is a possibility.

Quoting lanismommy2010:

Just from personal experience, and I am not proud something like not knowing passwords is a huge red flag. I never hid a password till I started sneezing around. Luckily he stuck it out and now we both know each others everything. All that to say red flag lol

Quoting ebmb03:

I would feel as if he was hiding something.  My husband and i share a computer and know each others cell phone passwords.  The only ones we can't get into are each others work computers.

rayroe2
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:47 PM

true but if you find it again leave, nothing stays hidden long

Quoting Poppymary:

well you might think you fixed it ;) its not that hard to get another phone, ipad, computer or even just use a public access computer at the library (example). There's always a way around if someone is determined enough. I hope you're right, though.

You can't 100% control anything, there's always a way..somehow.

Quoting rayroe2:

CafeMom Tickers
MrsWilmot
by Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:48 PM
He's probably cheating...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bbykathy
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Oh yeah RED flag honey

Kat

Fields456
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:55 PM
That's rediculous And childish
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)