Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you have your tubes tied?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you have your tubes tied?
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Replies (131-140):
savelijes
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Quoting samurai_chica:

Just curious to those who say it's the worste decision ever - Can you explain why? (i'm guessing it's because you want more kids?) I thought maybe there might be medical reasons too...

My moms friend said she never felt the same after hers, she felt like she lost something (this was a long time ago). That's why i ask. Curious if anyone else felt that way.

I regret this decision everyday. I would like to have another child (if I am Blessed with a Husband). I don't know about anyone else, but my cycles are heavier and last longer ever since I got the tubal. It sucks!

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jun. 13, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Haha no..  they just don't work.  :\

Redwall
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I did...after my second son.  We couldn't really afford any more kids, and quite frankly, I didn't want a girl.  I know...it's hateful, but I just had my heart set on boys.

MrsJaiClark
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Yes, I got them tied after I had my third (at 23) with the man I had been with since I was 16. I knew we had grown apart and I didn't want to be with him. It was a mistake and now, at 34, I have regretted it everyday for the past 11 yrs.

ETA: For the poster asking about why. Yes, it does feel like something is missing. Honestly, I have felt for years that there is this dark haired little girl who is supposed to be with me and isn't. It is weird and creepy and idk how to explain it. I see her in my dreams and mourn her as if she has passed. I miss her! Besides that, my health has not been good ever since they were tied. I would love to have them reversed, not just to have another child but because I wonder if it would make me feel better. I don't suggest anyone having the procedure. I have heard more women say they regret it than ones who advocate for it.

MrsJaiClark
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Were you able to get a doctor to diagnose this? I KNOW this is what I have but I have heard that not many doctors will diagnose it BUT if they do then your insurance will cover the reversal...

Quoting crafthag:

Had horrible PTLS from mine, I had it reversed.

Aamy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Nope hysterectomy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krazykiddles
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Mine was an experiemental surgery (Adiana) and they had no way of knowing whether or not it would work.  I had to keep track of how often we would mattress dance and when my cycle started and ended.  That wasn't even the worst part.  I started having severe abdominal pains where I couldn't even stand up! They kept saying it wasn't the implants and that it was something else.  I have to explain to doctors what it is and how it works since they have never heard of it.  I even went directly to the company and they have brushed me off without caring at all.  I have to have these taken out just so I am not in pain anymore.  BIGGEST REGRET OF MY LIFE!  Oh yeah I never had cramps before and now they are awful!

paytonsmom4ever
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Yes i do have my tubes tied.  I just had it done April 4 while having a c-section delivering my third child.  It is the best decision, I think, I made.  Me and my husband don't want any more children, I'm 36.  They were already going to be in there via the c-section so it made the decision that much easyer.  A lot of people I talked to also had it done during a birth of there child.  They said it caused then mood changes and irritability.  Ok who doesn't have major hormonal problems after a child is born anyway ????  Having your tubes tied has absolutely nothing to do with your hormones, so don't let anyone tell you that.

CafeMom Tickers
starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugaree
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:52 PM

yep :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)