Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What was the theme of your wedding?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:18 PM
  • 45 Replies

If you didnt have a "wedding" what would your theme have been?

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShannaBee
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM

We didn't have a themed wedding. Thinking back, I would have wanted it kind of fairytale like.

JennPearce
by Jenn! on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:57 PM
We just went to vegas. I would love a vow renewal on the beach with lots of tropical flowers & hot pink incorporated in the evening. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
geekmommy84
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:59 PM

vday, because we got married justice of the peace style after vday :D

~Carolyn

A very Proud SAHM of 3( Boys: 1, Girls: 2) ~ USMC Wife ~ BFing Momma ~ WoW Player

erienne06
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Orange and purple
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Country_Momma89
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Ours isn't for another 2 years but it's a classy country theme.

HollyHawk333
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:07 PM
I really want a fairy garden theme. But like everything with my wedding my stepmom wouldn't let me do what I want it was all about her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlyBren
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:08 PM

We got married at the courthouse last month. We weren't going to have a theme for that wedding, but DH ran upstairs last minute and put on a tweed suit and got DD in a costume they've been working on.

Our theme ended up being "alternate universe in which The Doctor is from Louisiana and marries an Amy lookalike in Canada. And a small dalek attends, along with two amused witnesses."

:)

We're having our 'real' wedding in July, and there's no theme. It's going to be some kind of blend of Indian and western customs, since we will be in India, but TBH I've left almost everything, including my own outfits, up to the planner. I guess I'll know when we get there!

llheet8586
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:09 PM

We eloped and I honestly have no idea what my theme would have been.  I NEVER thought about it and I am glad that I didn't have a wedding because I do not have a creative bone in my body and would not be able to deal with the stress of planning and everything!

aimesnyc
by Amy on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:41 PM

The theme was "no stress!" lol.  Simple ceremony in a garden, guys wore khakis with white shirts and yellow ties (hubby's was blue), and I let my bridesmaids (sis and SIL) wear what they wanted.  All I said was "summer dress."  They found a summer dress that they both liked and was affordable (only $40!), so everyone was happy.  I've been a bridesmaid 5 times, so I didn't want to make them wear something they would have to pay at least $100 for, and that they would never wear again.  The reception was at a local restaurant, and we had a brunch buffet for dinner!  I just wanted everything to be relaxed, fun, and inexpensive. The marriage is more important than the wedding day, IMO. :)

flowerfunleah
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Lol I love it!!

Quoting AlyBren:

We got married at the courthouse last month. We weren't going to have a theme for that wedding, but DH ran upstairs last minute and put on a tweed suit and got DD in a costume they've been working on.

Our theme ended up being "alternate universe in which The Doctor is from Louisiana and marries an Amy lookalike in Canada. And a small dalek attends, along with two amused witnesses."

:)

We're having our 'real' wedding in July, and there's no theme. It's going to be some kind of blend of Indian and western customs, since we will be in India, but TBH I've left almost everything, including my own outfits, up to the planner. I guess I'll know when we get there!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN