Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Were you happy with your engagement ring?(honestly)

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:58 PM
  • 171 Replies

Were you happy with the engagement ring your hubby propose to you with? If not was the design, the size of the rock? What exactly was it?

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i.heart.myboys
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Yeah but we were on a budget.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HIJKLM
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:02 PM
I was but we picked it out together. If he picked it without me I'm not sure I would have liked it. Everything he liked was gaudy. I finally said "do you really want to pay twice as much for a ring I'd like less?"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trippsgirl
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:03 PM
3 moms liked this

Nope.  We decided to get married and even set a date but he didn't want to tell anyone about the engagement until I had a ring.  He dragged his feet for months (not trying to find the perfect ring, but trying to find a cheap price) and I finally bought a $100 fake one.  I still have it 13 years later.  I would love it if he got me a real one someday, but living paycheck to paycheck I don't see that happening anytime soon.

tinkerspell
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:05 PM
2 moms liked this
I liked it but then i am really simple and for me its the meaning behind the ring that i love that i am his forever corny i know
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Naegore
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:10 PM
2 moms liked this
I honestly don't see the deal about liking it or not. What my son buys me for my birthday doesn't matter, but the love behind it does. I feel the same about my ring. It's beautiful, no matter it's size or value.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chi_moma
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:10 PM

I was thrilled with my ring! I think I was more shocked that he picked the right size and got one with a heart in the band under the diamonds (I know kinda hard to picture but very pretty!) It was perfectly sized to me because I was active army when he proposed and being out in the field with a giant rock on my hand wasn't exactly an option!!

-mamas-
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:11 PM
I love my ring!! I picked it out with him. Although, I would love it to be bigger, I love the way it sparkles!! Plus, it was within budget!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Yes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:12 PM
yup! I picked it out and he bought it for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
qkforever
by Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:13 PM

We picked it out together butI wasn't happy with it because it was yellow gold and I don't like that color.  My husband pressured me into buying it but 6 years ago he bought me a new wedding and engagement bands in white gold.It was a great surprise.    So I am one happy camper now.  We kept the engagement ring with diamonds in it and will have something made for our dd.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)