Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Bitter Sweet....=(

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:17 AM
  • 10 Replies

I thought I had the best relationship ever & when my relationship has it's ups we are so in love, but when we have our downs it make me think a lot. We don't communicate anymore, we don't agree on anything, & we have total different outlooks on relationships so although some might think these aren't BIG PROBLEMS the small problems can cause huge clashes! We don't agree at all on anything & our view on everyday things are so different. We both love each other but deep in my heart I think that It wont last because we have different ideas of how a relationship should be, this is really heartbreaking!

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillybug222
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:24 AM
3 moms liked this
Love is a choice not a feeling. We are imperfect. There is no way two imperfect people can make a perfect relationship. Relationships take hard work, understanding, and communication. Your job is to be the best partner you can be, not to insist your partner work on things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annztribe
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this

It takes a lot of work to make a marriage last. Love and chemistry is part of the glue that holds us together and gives us the desire to keep working on our relationship. Those big differences can end up being some of the biggest blessings because they cause us to examine our own character, learn to compromise, and stretch us in ways we never would have before.

After 15 years, and countless obstacles (some EXTREMELY difficult), I'd say... Don't Give Up! Marriage gives us so many opportunities to grow and learn. There's nothing like it for building character:)

CrazyLife1996
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband and I are complete opposites. We are getting ready to celebrate our 18th anniversary in August.

We have gone to hell and back so many times. Never once did either one of us see ourselves growing old with anyone else.

Marriage is hard. It takes hard work. Communication, compromise, love, trust and respect.

No matter how different you are there is always a way to compromise without losing your beliefs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

You two need to sit down and have open and honest communication about where you're both at in this relationship and where you'd like to be in the future.  Discuss what you expect from a partner, what you could do without.  Don't be afraid to be extremely open with each other.

It's okay that you're opposites and it's perfectly fine that you don't agree on every single little thing.  That's what makes you unique.  It'll keep things interesting that's for sure.  And it's important to remember that just because you're in a relationship doesn't mean you have to change who you are and conform into his exact copy or his exact ideal of what you should be.  The same should be said of him.

The best piece of advice I have for you regarding disagreements on things is this; if it's not worth the risk of losing your relationship, then it's not worth fighting for.

2lilmamas
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

You two need to sit down and have open and honest communication about where you're both at in this relationship and where you'd like to be in the future.  Discuss what you expect from a partner, what you could do without.  Don't be afraid to be extremely open with each other.

It's okay that you're opposites and it's perfectly fine that you don't agree on every single little thing.  That's what makes you unique.  It'll keep things interesting that's for sure.  And it's important to remember that just because you're in a relationship doesn't mean you have to change who you are and conform into his exact copy or his exact ideal of what you should be.  The same should be said of him.

The best piece of advice I have for you regarding disagreements on things is this; if it's not worth the risk of losing your relationship, then it's not worth fighting for.

dingysfamily
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:41 AM

No relationship is perfect, that will never exist no matter how good a relationship is.  My dh & I see eye to eye on almost everything, yet still I'd never say it's a perfect marriage.  We don't every fight either; our communication is extremely good, that's what keeps us from fighting and arguing ... that and lots & lots of laughter.  You need to open up those lines of communication again.  Have you tried counseling?  It might be worth at least trying; it certainly can't hurt.  I'll keep you in my prayers.  If the love is still there, then it's worth fighting for. 

sassychic_55
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Thank you ladies :)

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

This!
MomToovey
by Marianne on Jun. 15, 2012 at 5:46 PM

I love everything that has been said so far, I have nothing new to add! Good luck, momma. (((HUGS)))

LadyStork
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I know exactly how you feel :(

I wear this ribbon for DH (Hodgkins Lymphoma) MIL (fibromyalgia) and my late mom 3/27/1953 - 5/24/2009 (Lupus)

I wear this ribbon for my daughter (Hypothalamic Hamartoma and Astrocytoma, both brain tumors)

I wear this ribbon in memory of my sister, who lost her life to suicide. 8/31/80 - 2/27/2012

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)