Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage
do your kids acknowledge their step father on Father's day? If so how?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Replies (11-19):
Luv2BaMommy9809
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 12:52 AM

handmade cards and gifts, very special....

tracirose6
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Yes because he is their legal father now. They were legally adopted by him on Dec 23 2011 and this is his official first Fathers Day from them. 

HouseKatof2
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Yes, but they see him as filling the father role more than their bio-dad due to a lot of past issues. 

They love to curl up on the couch with him and watch old westerns that he likes to watch. He always gets a new set of "comfy clothes" to wear around the house. This year he is also getting a big jar full of Hugs & Kisses (Hershey's) & then we will take him out to dinner wherever he wants to go.   

ilvsoftball11
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:19 AM
I asked this because my 5 year old gave my df a shirt that said "This is what a great father looks like" and I got an email, from my cousin, telling me how wrong I was for letting or making him as she put it act like he is a father. She said he would grow to resent me. I think its funny being I was raised by my wonderful step dad and I can see how my son feels because its the same way I did about mine. Thanks everyone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rose87
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Quoting manamott:

Yes...but their real dad has very little to with them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rose87
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:22 AM
Your cousin is an idiot.

Do they live with you?
Is he a father to them?
Does he support them?
Play with them?
Love them?
Yes?

HE'S THEIR FATHER, TOO!

My family said the same but I told them everything he does for them and they shut up.

Quoting ilvsoftball11:

I asked this because my 5 year old gave my df a shirt that said "This is what a great father looks like" and I got an email, from my cousin, telling me how wrong I was for letting or making him as she put it act like he is a father. She said he would grow to resent me. I think its funny being I was raised by my wonderful step dad and I can see how my son feels because its the same way I did about mine. Thanks everyone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rose87
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:23 AM
Btw, sperm doesn't make someone a father.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherylam
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:51 AM
they send cards, call and if possible get him a gift. When my daughter was in hard labor, she wanted her 'daddy', my dh, to hold her and rock her, which he was thrilled to do...my childrens dad passed in 2006, so DH is 'dad' to them...his daughter has a hissy fit if anyone but her calls him that, so we are very careful to call him by his first name when she is around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clarkwife
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Yes, they give him a card and present and all that sw
Reet stuff!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN