Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

would u move in with ur MIL?

Posted by   + Show Post
would u move in with ur MIL?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:20 AM
Replies (101-110):
Beth421
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Yes. We will be moving in with my in-laws for 4 years this Saturday. We will make it work. My dh wants to go back to school, and they are being so generous to let us live there rent free and keep the kids full time so i can work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supermommyof423
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:26 PM
If I had a choice heck no!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlyBren
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:27 PM

No. I'd happily have her live with us though!

I wouldn't move in with her because I'm very proud and would never voluntarily live with a parent after I'd grown up and started a family. That, and I sure as hell am not moving to the US, let alone New Orleans. It's great for a visit, but the climate and it being in the US rules it out bar none.

DH and I have already told her, though, that she's welcome to come live with us when we move. She's hinted many times that it's lonely for her where she is, both her kids are in the west (BC and WA) and she hates living alone. We get along quite well and it would be nice for her to get to know her new granddaughter, considering she's the only grandparent.

countrymomma81
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Only if I absolutely had no where else to go. She does have a huge house but she's getting older and losing patience. She's forever trying to correct my kids (even in front of me) and I hate it. 

Other than that she and I get along well. I just have that one issue. Well that, and she smokes in her house. I'd die before I let my kids live in a smoke filled house. 

anotherandree
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:31 PM

My husband and I had been married a few months and were living overseas.  We had a 6 week old baby and he lost his job.  We needed to move back to the states (which his company paid for, thank goodness) but we were completely broke.  So we moved in with his parents.  It was 4 adults and an infant in a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom (1000 sq ft) apartment.  Luckily it was only for a month, but it was for a looooonnnngggggg month!  I am grateful, however, that they were kind enough to take us in because we had nowhere else to go.

mommyofgirl1974
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:37 PM

No. I like her but we need our privacy.

lazyd
by Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:30 PM

If i absolutely had to due to economic or health reasons, BUT NOT if my FIL was still in the house!  I would NEVER move in the house while my FIL is still alive. 

babydylan3
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

NO!! She is only 45yrs old but she acts like she is 80yrs old. No Thank you!!

Erin1108
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:47 PM
No, but only because I can't stand her husband. Luckily, I have about 10 people I could live with before that would be an option.
loridori4
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this
My ex wanted me too. I said NO WAy! Told him we would not get married until he had a job and money to get our own place. He had two kids, I had one, and his parents lived in a small two bedroom house in the wrong part of town. Plus they smoked inside, and his mom was a Bitch from Hell!
But....if things were different, then maybe. Depends on your situation and the MIL.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN