Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Very delicate topic, need advice.

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:12 PM
  • 35 Replies

So my guy isn't the cleanest of guys. He works on a grill so he gets pretty smelly... and he doesn't shower very often. He also smokes, which adds to the issue.

He doesn't always, but sometimes he neglects brushing his teeth and I don't kiss him open mouth unless he has. 

I'm at my wits end hugging and sharing a bed with a smelly dude. How do I tell him to shower more without coming off as a huge bitch and hurting him? =[

Please no bashing, he wasn't like this our entire relationship. Actually in the beginning he made it a point to smell good for me.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelbabies11
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Just say, "Honey I enjoy cuddling and kissing you but I would enjoy it so much more if you showered and brushed your teeth more often." And tell him you're not trying to hurt his feelings but just being honest. Good luck! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristyCat
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Quoting angelbabies11:

Just say, "Honey I enjoy cuddling and kissing you but I would enjoy it so much more if you showered and brushed your teeth more often." And tell him you're not trying to hurt his feelings but just being honest. Good luck! :)

That sounds good, actually. I'd be more inclined to shower WITH him (as an incentive) but I hate my 6 months pregnant body right now so I'm a little insecure at this point. =\

You know, unless showering with the lights off wasn't totally dangerous lol

CafeMom Tickers
lil_mama06
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Offer to take a sexy shower..It's VERY stimulating...

angelbabies11
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:21 PM
That would be a great idea!!! I'm sure he's not bothered my your pregnant body. And I bet he would even take you up on the offer! A pregnant body is a beautiful thing! :)

Quoting KristyCat:

Quoting angelbabies11:

That sounds good, actually. I'd be more inclined to shower WITH him (as an incentive) but I hate my 6 months pregnant body right now so I'm a little insecure at this point. =\

You know, unless showering with the lights off wasn't totally dangerous lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:22 PM

shower with him after work ?

LexRi0709
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Just tell him! Dh has horrible night sweats. Its bad. Sometimes I wake up and almost vomit. I have to change our sheets every 2 days because of it. I tell him he needs to shower before bed, and when he gets up. A lot of times he won't shower before bed. I used to sleep on the sofa a lot. Now he works nights so he's only home 3 or 4 nights a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randomosityblog
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:26 PM
3 moms liked this

Oh gross I'd be like dude, you smell like ass, get in the shower! lol But that's just the type of person I am.

aidenmommy2011
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Talk to him.

Shower with him. Make it fun, soap him up and then let him soap you up. Use a good scented soap (like a man soap on him, Dove makes a good one) and then after the shower cuddle to him and tell him how much you love the way he smells after a shower. Keep telling him how good he smells and that you really like it and maybe give him a little sex, after tell him that he smelled so good that you couldn't resist. Maybe the praise and reward will make him want to smell good for you always. kwim

Mommavieve
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:33 PM
If my DH stinks I just tell him, "Dude, you need a shower."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissElissa21
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Me too!

Quoting randomosityblog:

Oh gross I'd be like dude, you smell like ass, get in the shower! lol But that's just the type of person I am.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN