Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

was the uncle out of line?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:24 AM
  • 18 Replies
So, my husband's uncle was married but got divorce. Be is now dating an 18yr old and hes 30. He just invited my husband to go to the beach with him,his girlfriend and her girlfriends. They r all 18yrold birls. (Im out ofstate BC mygrandfather is getting really bad with Alzheimer so I left to see him with my daughters. My husband decided to not come along BC of work.) I flet as his uncle was.totally out of line to ask him to come. My h said that he just needed somebody to come with him so hedoesnt feel out of place. My husbamd didnt go BC he knows me but why wluld his uncle do that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
disnchntdwife
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Probably not thinking. Some times it just doesnt register with people. Im glad dh isnt going. Hope u are enjoying your visit with Grandfather :)

DarlaHood
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:35 AM

He sounds really immature.  At 30, I can't imagine WANTING to hang with a bunch of 18 year olds, but hey, I'm sure it's not the stimulating conversation.  Yeah.  He's out of line. 

Demandatory
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:38 AM
Def a guy show off thing your hubby was smart not going could've gotten wove into a tangled mess
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Maybe he just wanted another guy there to hang out with and his nephew was who came to mind.   Or maybe he was showing off.   No telling.   I wouldn't be too worried about it though.

ShannaBee
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Maybe his uncle wasn't thinking.

thecoffeefairy
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it was innocent. Sounds like he's having an after divorce crisis. He will mellow out and date someone his own age soon enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnaHuney
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

No, his uncle isnt out of line, you're just jealous, and I WOULD BE TOO!!!  LOL,  My DH wouldnt go either, but our relationship isnt our uncles responsibility, ya know?

withallmylove
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:32 AM

He was out of line. Would he have as your DH if you were home.

His uncle did it because he is thinking with his penis as men often do

If he did not want to feel out of place, then maybe he should date someone near his own age so he does not feel like a " child molester on the Beach.

lorelei10
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 5:57 AM
My dhs whole fathers side of the family I is out of line... There was this uncle who kept trying to get dh to go to strip clubs, and to vegas on a "fishing" trip... one night they were out and he offered to hire hookers....
Then we were doing lunch with his dad and his uncle shows up and I was showing everyone a pic on my phone, he grabs it and starts going through it "joking" about dirty pictures until he got just a glimpse of a shot I took for dh,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lorelei10
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 5:58 AM
My dhs whole fathers side of the family I is out of line... There was this uncle who kept trying to get dh to go to strip clubs, and to vegas on a "fishing" trip... one night they were out and he offered to hire hookers....
Then we were doing lunch with his dad and his uncle shows up and I was showing everyone a pic on my phone, he grabs it and starts going through it "joking" about dirty pictures until he got just a glimpse of a boob shot I took for dh, I took the phone fast and he said "damn branden. How do you like tapping that!? WE no longer see him...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN