Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I need Everyones help!

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:35 AM
  • 12 Replies

Okay so my husband & i got married in 2010. We were fine, but then his family became angry with me. His sister hated me because i got pregnant & she had been trying foreve(but i had a miscarriage after 2 months of knowing). Well we split up in august 2011 & divorced in october of 2011. Then we got back together in november of the same year. Now they have made him pick between me &them & he chose me. yes i'm happy because i love him & he let his parents come between us before. & like he says now that once you are married your wife & your family come first...not the parents or siblings. It is taking a toll on me because of the fact that i feel horrible for him not spending time with them. He never sees them because they made him choose between them & me. It  makes me feel horrible because they post all the crap on fb about me & on a site called topix. I'm just over it. Idk what to do. I just want things to go back to the way they were when we were dating & first got married. We had a wonderful year and a half together then they came between us. I don't want it to happen again but i want the both of us to have somthing to do with them. Especially him.

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LatashaNicole
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:39 AM
It was they choice to take that chance and he picked you. They have to leave with that not you guys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alyellison
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:42 AM

It makes me feel like the worst person in the world. His sister is about to have a baby. She just found out it was a girl. None of his family told him. He found out from someone at walmart. They still havent said anything. Well his dad finally called him. Then we found out from someone at the water department that they were having a girl. He is just missing out on so mush. As they are as well. I just feel like there has to be something that i can do to help.

Quoting LatashaNicole:

It was they choice to take that chance and he picked you. They have to leave with that not you guys.

LatashaNicole
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Well hopefully they realize the situation they put him in,they start seeing how it is with-out him around. It's going start effecting them sooner or later!

Quoting alyellison:

It makes me feel like the worst person in the world. His sister is about to have a baby. She just found out it was a girl. None of his family told him. He found out from someone at walmart. They still havent said anything. Well his dad finally called him. Then we found out from someone at the water department that they were having a girl. He is just missing out on so mush. As they are as well. I just feel like there has to be something that i can do to help.

Quoting LatashaNicole:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alyellison
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM

It wont. They just dont want me around. They tried flying a girl down here from new jersey to be with him! how ignorant. It just makes me feel like the bad person around.

sweettxt1
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I have been dealing with this kind of mess for 19 yrs now. My BIL & his wife started crap with me after only two weeks into our relationship and it has never really gotten any better. We live hours away so they are never really into our business and we really have little to no contact and I do feel bad but I love my husband more. He has told me yes it hurts but if his family care at all they would just be happy that he is happy.

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Stick together. They are all adults and made their own decisions. Maybe one day they will come around.

alyellison
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:55 AM

It really brings me down. It makes me just wanna cry. I cook all the time. When he just wants to eat out, we eat out. We both share the cleaning, & laundry. But they say i don't cook, clean, nothing. Well he always helps me do it. So why should i have to do it all myself? I mean i know its petty of them. But i just know there has to be something i can do. I'm just sick & tired of being talked about all the time. It is ridiculous.

Quoting sweettxt1:

I have been dealing with this kind of mess for 19 yrs now. My BIL & his wife started crap with me after only two weeks into our relationship and it has never really gotten any better. We live hours away so they are never really into our business and we really have little to no contact and I do feel bad but I love my husband more. He has told me yes it hurts but if his family care at all they would just be happy that he is happy.

CrazyLife1996
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Hun you didn't make him choose they did. He choose you because you are the most important thing in his life.

As long as he knows you support a relationship with his family then you have nothing to worry about.

Just remember to keep your relationship a priority no matter what.

Hopefully his family will come around and rebuild a relationship with the both of you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alyellison
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Thank you. I just feel like the worst person ever. I feel like I took him away from his family. But they made the choice themselves. They made all the wrong choices this time. It just breaks my heart to know that he has no family.

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Hun you didn't make him choose they did. He choose you because you are the most important thing in his life.

As long as he knows you support a relationship with his family then you have nothing to worry about.

Hopefully his family will come around and rebuild a relationship with the both of you.

CrazyLife1996
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband made the same decision as well but this was 10yrs ago.

I didn't tell him he couldn't see or speak to his family but I refused to ever return to visit again. But that was after yrs of abuse.

Quoting alyellison:

Thank you. I just feel like the worst person ever. I feel like I took him away from his family. But they made the choice themselves. They made all the wrong choices this time. It just breaks my heart to know that he has no family.

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)