Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you think you have a perfect marriage? Why?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:43 PM
  • 89 Replies

I'm just curious if there are others out there who have the perfect DH and marriage. I have been married 10yrs and today is like it was yesterday when we first got together. We don't fight or argue and everything is 50/50. He spoils me and treats me like a queen. we are never sepperate from each other except when he is at work/Academy, and we do everything together. We cuddle all the time and he kisses me everytime he comes into the room. He checks on me constantly and goes out of his way to keep me happy. Does your DH do these things? If not then what does he do to keep you happy and in love with him?

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NevaehRoberts
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I would like to say that I have a perfect marrage, but I dont believe in anything being perfect. I think I have a strong marrage, with lots of love and compramises, but nothing is perfect and can always be improved. We argue from time to time, but always make up thats what matters to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole2884
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

nothing is perfect but i would say our relationship is as good as it can get to that

obviously no relationship is with out its share of issues , but that doesnt make it bad

we dont get loud an angry with our fights we talk them out

I love him more each day, an feel very blessed to have such a great man an relationship , this thursday marks 6 years together an he still gives me gooseys when we kiss 

indymom72
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:59 PM
5 moms liked this

I think that people that say they have a perfect marriage are delusional.  That just isn't realistic. 

RebekkaD
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Ours isn't perfect, but is by far better than anyone else we know. We bicker ocassionally but it doesn't ever last very long. We're both quick to apologise if we've hurt one another. He's been my best friend for 16 years and will be my best friend for the rest of my life. The most memorable piece of advice we got when we married was from his Dad who said that a marriage should never be 50-50. He said that both people should give 100% in the marriage at all times. We've taken that to heart and always try to give each other 100%.

beccababe
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:02 PM

What I meant was Perfect for them. Not perfect in general. This is my second marriage and in comparission to my last this one is perfect... to me! It is only delussional if there is obvious problems in the marriage and then trying to say that it is perfect.

laura_sims
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:03 PM

For us it is the perfect marriage. 

We have been married for 8 years now. We get along great. We dont fight, our biggest "disagreements" are over what we are going to have for dinner or what movie we want to watch. We have never had a fight. We love spending time with eachother. We know eachother inside and out. We are very happy 

laura_sims
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow i guess i am delusional *rolls eyes*

Quoting indymom72:

I think that people that say they have a perfect marriage are delusional.  That just isn't realistic. 

sdunaway08
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Yes! My husband is very caring. My husband is truly my best friend. We do everything together. We never bicker or fuss, and if we disagree with anything its settled fast. He's very loving and always puts me first, even when I'm trying my hardest to put his wants first. I'm pregnant now with our first child and he treats me like I'm made of glass. Always catering to me, even when I have to remind him I'm just pregnant, not dying lol. You know what I love the most about my husband, that he is so sincere. When we first started dating years ago, I thought it was all a show. He was TOO perfect. I was getting a little annoyed because I was just waiting for the real personality to make its appearance, as so many of my ex's had. I just asked him one evening (about 4 months into dating) why he felt he had to put on this act. He had this expression on his face like I just ran over his dog. He just gets up and leaves the room. Few minutes later I go hunt him down and find him sitting on a guest bed with his eyes red and wet. I felt HORRIBLE! This grown man, 6'3" and pushing 250lbs was sitting on this bed crying. When I asked him why he was so upset, he could barely get the words out "Because I love you and I want to make you the happiest I can. I'm not faking anything." Yup, I knew I was going to marry him right about then. :) Best desicion of my life.

indymom72
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting laura_sims:

Wow i guess i am delusional *rolls eyes*

Quoting indymom72:

well I hope you won't lose too much sleep tonight over my opinion.  Sorry it isn't a popular answer, but that's how I feel.

beccababe
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Quoting laura_sims:

For us it is the perfect marriage. 

We have been married for 8 years now. We get along great. We dont fight, our biggest "disagreements" are over what we are going to have for dinner or what movie we want to watch. We have never had a fight. We love spending time with eachother. We know eachother inside and out. We are very happy 

Have you gotten to the point where it is freaky that you know what each other is thinking? I could sit on the couch thinking of something and my DH would walk in and talk about exactly the very thing I was thinking about. It creeps me out sometimes. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)