Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you think you have a perfect marriage? Why?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm just curious if there are others out there who have the perfect DH and marriage. I have been married 10yrs and today is like it was yesterday when we first got together. We don't fight or argue and everything is 50/50. He spoils me and treats me like a queen. we are never sepperate from each other except when he is at work/Academy, and we do everything together. We cuddle all the time and he kisses me everytime he comes into the room. He checks on me constantly and goes out of his way to keep me happy. Does your DH do these things? If not then what does he do to keep you happy and in love with him?

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Replies (81-89):
Susie140
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:11 PM

NO NEVER HAS BEEN

ShannaBee
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:16 PM

I know I do not have the perfect marriage. But we work through it all, have good communication, respect and compassion for one another, and we make it work.

Redwall
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:36 PM

My husband and I just celebrated our 29th anniversary.  Not every single day has been wonderful, but that's to be expected.  I love him, he loves me and we're happy.

momto3infl
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:22 PM

We have our own perfect marriage-barely argue-cuddle a lot do spend time away from each other-do things for each other-married 16yrs and together 18yrs,

woodmamma
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:20 PM

my dh and i have a GREAT marriage! we are so happy together. the longer we are together the more it seems our relationship gets better! im so in love and couldnt imagine my life without him!

withallmylove
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:55 PM

You asked for opinions and you got it. Do I think my Husband is PERFECT,... YES at times I do, does he grate on my nerves... Yes sometimes he does, Do I love him, Yes with all my heart. We have been married for 22 yrs, I have known him since 6th grade.

Maybe I should have said I FEEL it would BORING for BOTH partners to  have all the same interest, agree on all the same things, want the same things, think the same things.

I love that my Husbands and my interest are different, I love the Beach, He loves the country, hunting, I love swimming he'd rather hike, Its the differences that we Love to share with  each other.

So I am Glad you are HAPPY, but don't assume that I am not Happy in My Marriage, because I was an am able to say "NO I don't think all marriages are perfect" but... if there are people living the FAIRY TALE DREAM,    great  :)

Quoting beccababe:

My marriage by far is not boring and dull. I am not kidding myself. We agree on everything. Our marriage is how it sounds. But I am not knocking your opinion, everyone is free to have it but don't knock us for our opinion of our married life. You should really go back and read some of the more positive replies. You'll see not everyone believes in the same things as you. I am glad you are happy with your marriage but I am going to go fix dinner for my perfect husband and enjoy my perfect marriage. Have a great Day! :D

Quoting withallmylove:

NO NOT IN THE LEAST.. TWO PEOPLE TWO DIFFERENT OPINIONS, FEELINGS, WANTS, NEEDS,

WE BLEND THINGS TOGETHER TO MAKE EACH OTHER HAPPY THAT IS HOW A MARRAIGE WORKS.

ANY ONE OUT THERE  THAT SAYS  THAT THERE PARTNER HAS THE SAME  WANTS, NEEDS, OPINIONS,FEELINGS IS KIDDING THEMSELVES. ITS GREAT TO THINK SO,

HOW BORING WOULD THAT BE TO NOT HAVE ANY VARIETY WITHIN YOUR MARRIAGE IF YOU BOTH SAW THINGS THE SAME WAY.

mamariss
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it's so funny that people don't believe that perfect marriages exist! or that we must be lying... I have a PERFECT marriage and enjoy every min of it!  I had tons of horrible relationships prior to this marriage and I think that is why I was blessed with such an amazing hubby :)  He is my best friend, my counselor, my helper and the best dad my 3 children could ask for! (2 of which aren't even biologically his)  I'm one happy lady!

beccababe
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:34 AM

This is what I mean! Some of the replies that are negative to a point don't understand that if your happy and content with YOUR marriage then it is considered perfect to you! What maybe perfect for you may not be to them and visa versa. I have the perfect marriage to me. There are things about my DH that other women would hate or not agree with but I Absolutely love about him. I am truely happy that some of these woman who has repied with " perfect for me"  think that they have a perfect marriage. They are happy like me and you!

Quoting mamariss:

I think it's so funny that people don't believe that perfect marriages exist! or that we must be lying... I have a PERFECT marriage and enjoy every min of it!  I had tons of horrible relationships prior to this marriage and I think that is why I was blessed with such an amazing hubby :)  He is my best friend, my counselor, my helper and the best dad my 3 children could ask for! (2 of which aren't even biologically his)  I'm one happy lady!

sunsetbeach81
by Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes he does. But we quarrel sometimes too. I think everyone has a disagreement here and there. We however, did have a rough patch a while back ago, but worked through it, and are better then ever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN