Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

If you lost your wedding ring (s) - EDITS ADDED

1.-Would you tell your husband?
2.-Would you replace them with less expensive but identical ones? If you did, would you tell him that you did so?
3.- What do u think his reaction would be?

One if my nearest and dearest friends is going through this and I have no idea what to tell her for advice.

I mean, they Are her rings, not his? Though he did spend thousands on them (according to her) Idk. What are Your views?

EDIT - Thank you Ladies for all the responses! and I will get back to you after I speak to her tonight concerning whether or not they have insurance.
Atleast I know what to advise her to do. I'm going to jokingly tell her "Stop being a punk and tell him" she'll laugh, hopefully take my advice and let him know.
EDIT 2: she says theres no insurance on the rings
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Replies (21-30):
BaileynMe
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh man. Under a floormat in the car, behind the driver's seat.

The night I lost it, I had come home from work to get ready for a trip to see my inlaws. My husband was getting home much later from work. When I got home, my dog had had an accident in her kennel and it was BAD, so instead of being good and taking the extra two seconds to put the rings on my ring holder, I put them in my pocket. (I also got my purse, Oakley sunglasses, and ipod stolen out of my car when I dropped my dogs off at my Dad's house, which is in a really good neighborhood. It wasn't a great night for me.)

When I got back home from dropping the dogs off, my engagement ring was still in my pocket, but my band wasn't. Apparently it rolled out of my pocket, behind the driver's seat, and under the rug. I was detailing my car or I would never have found it! I was so shocked I just stared at it for a few before grabbing it and putting it on.

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

Where? That is exciting

Quoting BaileynMe:

I lost my wedding band a while back. I did tell my husband. I still had my engagement ring, so I wore that along with a ring he bought me for my first Mother's day. Thankfully I found it about 6 months later.

ittyprincess604
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I've never lost mine but yes I would tell him. Maybe get another I'd we could afford to
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gracieb3
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry :(  

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

We looked:(

Quoting gracieb3:

The engagement ring should be caught in the u trap of the sink's pipes. Did you shut of the water and unscrew the pipes? If not your ring might still be there. 

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

I lost my engagement ring down the sink drain 2 years ago and then left my band at the tanning salon a few months ago:(

I have no rings, I told my husband both times, they were accidents and I felt bad but luckily they weren't expensive. They were still special to me and its sad but my husband wants/wanted to upgrade me for a while so this just gives him more reason.

CatherineNewton
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

1. and cry my eyes out I would be really upset. But I paid for my own ring set so he could really get mad at me too much. I would then save up to replace them.

alynette
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

i'm always losing my rings, but never outside the house lol 

i'd tell my hubs. why not? of course you both will be upset, but there's really nothing you can do about it. :)

MamaJess9
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Um, if you don't feel that you can tell your husband you lost your rings, you've got much bigger problems in your marriage.  

Of course I would tell him, and we would decide what to do about it together.  I would most likely leave it up to him whether to try to get an identical replacement, since he picked that out for me in the beginning, it means something, kwim?  If he didn't care about that, we would probably just go shopping until we found something we both liked in our price range.

mommyof11050307
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine fell off a necklace i was wearing. I was pregnant at the time and took everything to get cleaned. Sales discounted my set so he bought me a set for a lot less. When we moved both his and mine were lost again. I have a ring I wear when my fingers aren't swollen from the heat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
riotgrrl
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I would just tell him. I would not lie to him or try to decieve him. I can't imagine being married to someone I would be afraid to be honest with about something like this.

Fairywings1223
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I would tell him right away. I've never lost mine but he lost his. We never replaced his but we don't wear rings anymore. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I would tell him. My ring was cheap to begin with so I doubt he'd be too upset about  it but I would be upset over the sentimental value.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)