Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

marriage counsling

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:04 PM
  • 13 Replies

sorry if spelling is wrong plzz dont be rude

has anyone been to marriage counsling me and my husband are seeing someone monday to talk about his problems hee broke up with me 2 times in one week i even still have some of my stuff packed from when he told me the first time this has been really hard on me i dont wanna lose him he is my other half of my heart but i cant foruse him to be with me if he dont wanna be with me but i am scared about monday idk what to expect or what my husband is gonna say or what i will even say i dont want our mariage to get worse i want it to get better i just want it all to be ok :(

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
disnchntdwife
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I am hoping for the best for you!!!fingers crossed

LilTymomma
by Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 1:34 AM
1 mom liked this

OMG!!! I just had a problem like that. I (not baby according to him) got kicked out thursday and now we talked about counseling before/if I go back. So Im feeling the same way. Let me know how it goes.

Love Always,

Angel

typing

geronima2003
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes! It really helped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darmarie88
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know, but many many prayers and lots of luck!

ruby_jewel_04
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this
My ex husband did that to me. Counseling didn't work for. Us. But I hope it does for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christel0
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I say if a man is willing to go that means a lot. Most men wouldn't they think they are perfect. And its the wife's issues to deal with. That's how it is in my marriage. So if he is willing go for it. Some couselors are good some bad, where they think all they are is a sounding board and state the obvious. But some will try to help each other understand esc others points of. Jews. If you see it gong I where the first day find someone else. Husband andyou might think you marriage is a lost cause with a useless counselor. Good luck
kaitybird
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

In my first 2 marriages YES, counseling was a must and was ordered since we were in the Military.  I never minded going it taught me so much and how to take a different outlook in marriage and the steps in order to keep a marriage open, alive and all that good stuff.  The sad part is my first 2 husbands were not meant to be my life long partner in life.  My marriages only lasted just short of 5 years and was full of abuse!  

I am happy to say that with my 3rd marriage we are now going on 18 years of marriage and 19 years of being together.  We haven't needed counseling for the 2 of us, but have enrolled in family counseling because of issues we have with our 15 year old DD.  Needless to say doing this has helped the marriage quite a great deal.

The problem with a lot of people it always comes down to they think it is never going to happen to them and they will do every thing but go to counseling.  

If you find that things get worse after your appointment I would set up a 1 on 1 meeting with the counselor.  That person is there to listen to you and offer suggestions on what you can do.  Maybe give you some exercises to try.  Just remember 1 visit won't cure what is wrong, it may take quite a few.   I know that keeping a journal between the both of us has always helped as sometimes it is better to read something and understand it better.  I was grateful for my counselor that I had because he was married and had some of the same issues that I was facing back then.  

If you find that you do not connect with this counselor do NOT give up.  There is one that is right for you!  

Good luck to you tomorrow and I hope that everything works out for you!  ;)

fostermomoftwo
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 4:00 PM

so before you get a divorce you have to go to marriage counseling, its required when your in the military?
never heard of that, i was just wondering :)

Quoting kaitybird:

In my first 2 marriages YES, counseling was a must and was ordered since we were in the Military.  I never minded going it taught me so much and how to take a different outlook in marriage and the steps in order to keep a marriage open, alive and all that good stuff.  The sad part is my first 2 husbands were not meant to be my life long partner in life.  My marriages only lasted just short of 5 years and was full of abuse!  

I am happy to say that with my 3rd marriage we are now going on 18 years of marriage and 19 years of being together.  We haven't needed counseling for the 2 of us, but have enrolled in family counseling because of issues we have with our 15 year old DD.  Needless to say doing this has helped the marriage quite a great deal.

The problem with a lot of people it always comes down to they think it is never going to happen to them and they will do every thing but go to counseling.  

If you find that things get worse after your appointment I would set up a 1 on 1 meeting with the counselor.  That person is there to listen to you and offer suggestions on what you can do.  Maybe give you some exercises to try.  Just remember 1 visit won't cure what is wrong, it may take quite a few.   I know that keeping a journal between the both of us has always helped as sometimes it is better to read something and understand it better.  I was grateful for my counselor that I had because he was married and had some of the same issues that I was facing back then.  

If you find that you do not connect with this counselor do NOT give up.  There is one that is right for you!  

lucky to have the best husband in the world

kaitybird
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I don't think it is mandatory, but we lived in Adak, AK at the time so for us and our issues it was ordered!  When I lived in Sigonella, Sicily it was ordered.  It could have also been because of the nature of what was going on in those situations.  There was a lot of violence.  I should have written that better!  I do believe however that one should exhaust all avenues before divorce.  

Quoting fostermomoftwo:

so before you get a divorce you have to go to marriage counseling, its required when your in the military?
never heard of that, i was just wondering :)

Quoting kaitybird:

CameronsMommy23
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:07 PM
It can't hurt to try! Good luck to the two of you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)