Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

letting someone down easy

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 2:51 AM
  • 12 Replies

So there is a guy I have been hanging around with lately with friends, he makes me laugh and I feel very happy around him, but to me he is only in the "friend zone". However he is always asking me out on dates, trying to invite me over to watch movies at his house late at night alone, and other things like that. I have been very honest with him, telling him that I just couldnt be emotionally available to him and that im not ready to be in a relationship.

But honestly he hasnt seemed to get that im not interested. That or he just doesnt want to accept that im not ready to date. So honestly I was wondering what else I could possibly do to let him down easy and tell him I have no interest in dating him, ever. I really dont want to have to be a bitch about it and he is a good friend but im just not ready for anything more =/

by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 2:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jun. 24, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Be 100% honest with him, even if it means hurting his feelings.  Believe me.  If you don't be 100% up front with how you feel now, you're going to be dealing with this still in 10 years.  I speak from personal experience.

Tell him that you don't think of him that way, that he's more of a friend to you than anything else and that even if you DID feel that way about him, which you don't..  that you're not ready to date anyhow.  Tell him that it's not going to happen and while you'd like to remain friends he needs to focus his romantic efforts somewhere else.

Be HONEST.  Don't sugar coat things to keep him from getting hurt, otherwise he might just think you're playing hard to get.

Jennelly92
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 3:14 AM

thanks, ill try sitting him down and telling him that there is just no way we could be together right now. I just feel bad I hate making people upset. Its the one thing I really need to work on I guess =/

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Be 100% honest with him, even if it means hurting his feelings.  Believe me.  If you don't be 100% up front with how you feel now, you're going to be dealing with this still in 10 years.  I speak from personal experience.

Tell him that you don't think of him that way, that he's more of a friend to you than anything else and that even if you DID feel that way about him, which you don't..  that you're not ready to date anyhow.  Tell him that it's not going to happen and while you'd like to remain friends he needs to focus his romantic efforts somewhere else.

Be HONEST.  Don't sugar coat things to keep him from getting hurt, otherwise he might just think you're playing hard to get.

jazmya_mom
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 3:18 AM

Yes, talking to him may help

Jennelly92
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 3:21 AM

I mean I have TRIED just talking to him and telling him im not interested, but I just hate to see people upset and I think thats my main problem. I have had people tell me that I tend to give false hope when I tell people to leave me alone, but I never mean to. -_-

Quoting jazmya_mom:

Yes, talking to him may help

i.heart.myboys
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Just be honest with him. Tell him you are not interested and leave you alone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Sorry but just straight up and tell him your not interested. Tell him you appreciate his friendship but thats as far as it goes.
BannerElkHogans
by Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 1:01 PM

tell him u can't ,then have a guy friend in the background ask u if ur ready to go yet? works every time ,he'll probably not call back..........

fostermomoftwo
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 3:12 PM
2 moms liked this

sometimes men who are in the 'friend zone' make the best husbands..** just sayin :)

fostermomoftwo
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 3:13 PM

i once had my cousin answer the phone when i saw it was this guy calling me, lol, he never called back again..it worked! LOL

Quoting BannerElkHogans:

tell him u can't ,then have a guy friend in the background ask u if ur ready to go yet? works every time ,he'll probably not call back..........

lucky to have the best husband in the world

BannerElkHogans
by Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM

im lucky my ex is a dumb ass who can't stay out of prison........his mom tol my brother(he called an acted like a buddie) that he was back  in the pen for another 8 yrs for bulgary........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)