Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Any advice for a girl about......

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:13 PM
  • 20 Replies
Tanning!?!?! I went for the first time today. I have unlimited tanning in the lowest wattage bed. I'm pretty fair skinned so I started at 5 mins with a 25x tan accelerator lotion.

My face is a bit red & my upper arms are a tad sore but otherwise I feel ok so far. (I went about 3 hrs ago) I have one month to gain some color before a trip to Florida. Any advice would be great! Thx in advance. ^_~
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ConnorMom228
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:16 PM
To prevent burning, only go every other day since you are fair skinned. Do 5 min again next time. Then the next 2 times go up a couple minutes. And then another couple minutes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vwd_johnson
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:20 PM
I agree with what PP said. Don't go everyday. 5 min next time & then continue to up it til you get to the max. If u feel ur getting burn, cut back the minutes again. DO NOT use any of the tanning lotions with "tingle". As a fair skinned girl, you will have a very bad reaction.

Use cocobutter lotion constantly to keep your skin moisturized and help keep the tan. And stay hydrated! A hydrated body stays tan best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CameronsMommy23
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Thx ladies!! I'm definitely being careful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyanneS
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:34 PM
Yes use hydrating lotion after you tan. Don't shave for a while after and you retain the color better after.

Quoting vwd_johnson:

I agree with what PP said. Don't go everyday. 5 min next time & then continue to up it til you get to the max. If u feel ur getting burn, cut back the minutes again. DO NOT use any of the tanning lotions with "tingle". As a fair skinned girl, you will have a very bad reaction.

Use cocobutter lotion constantly to keep your skin moisturized and help keep the tan. And stay hydrated! A hydrated body stays tan best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atownrb
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Make sure you stay extra moisturized!! It will help you tan better, easier and your tan will stay longer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
disnchntdwife
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:57 PM
2 moms liked this
I have some excellent advice. DON'T DO IT!!! The only way you can get a tan is by damaging your skin & the fact that you are fair skinned means you are 4 times as likely to get skin cancer as opposed to medium to darker skinned people. My mil developed a carcinoma on her leg when my daughter was born. I would suggest a self tanner with very little sun or tanning bed exposure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CameronsMommy23
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:52 PM
I'm trying it out at the lowest time on the lowest wattage for this next month only. If I get darker for vacation, awesome! If not I'm not tanning long term regardless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Innocencedreams
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I don't tan, so bump!

PartyGalAnne
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this

That means you are burnt, and you'll continue to burn for about 20 more hours. You'll have to skip tomorrow.

Take it from a pasty white girl whose mother has skin cancer: It's not worth it.

kmorales7690
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:05 AM

just do what you are doing! starting at a low wattage for 5 min for the first couple times, then move up to like 8 min or 10 min, slowly work your way up to full time! otherwise you will end up a lobster, burnt butt and boobs are no fun! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN