Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Husband cheated and may have fathered a child....advice please

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:12 PM
  • 79 Replies
1 mom liked this

My husband had an affair with a married woman and she became pregnant. She says that the child is his but although she is married she is a habitual liar!!! Currently my husband is incarcerated and I just received a letter in the mail from the courts stating that she has filed an application on him for child abandonement. I am unable to get an attorney, as my husband and I hve 5 children that I am raising lone while he is away. This woman has made it very clear that she want's to be with my husband and has tried her best to torture me in the process. my husband hs had no communication with her since november of last year and at that point it was only to see the child one time. since then she has written several letters in which he has torn up or either sent home to me. iI sent all the letters and pictures tht she sent back to her. He was supposed to get out of jil on 6/11 but didnt and she filed this child abandonement on 6/12. My question is this...Is it even legal for her to do this when she is married herself? The law in my state(and most others) is that if a woman is married 10 months prior to the birth of her child that her husband is the childs "Legal" father. Is there anyone that has been thru this kinda mess before? I know that my husband ws wrong for cheating and we (as a married couple) have dealt and are still dealing with the infidelity.  He is doing the right thing now and wants no parts of her or the child. She is truly the defination of a "Homewrecker". This whole ordeal has been quite the challenge.. Now I just need some good advice from anyone who has been thru this or that knows info on what my next steps should be.

by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrinceMomma486
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Not sure what state you are in, but in IL the husband is put on the birth certificate as the father. I am in the same situation as you, my husband had an affair and fathered another child and the ow is crazy as hell too, but my husband filed the paternity test because she is a liar as well. Not sure what else to tell you but try to ignore the bs and work on your marriage if thats what you want to. Some of these women really don't have a clue of how nuts they look. PM me if you wanna talk further.

mykidsmomabcde
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:20 PM

What is pm? Im new to this site but I really do want to talk further....

Quoting PrinceMomma486:

Not sure what state you are in, but in IL the husband is put on the birth certificate as the father. I am in the same situation as you, my husband had an affair and fathered another child and the ow is crazy as hell too, but my husband filed the paternity test because she is a liar as well. Not sure what else to tell you but try to ignore the bs and work on your marriage if thats what you want to. Some of these women really don't have a clue of how nuts they look. PM me if you wanna talk further.

mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:21 PM
No idea sweetie. Here's a BUMP for you.

(((hugs)))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_of_one_2010
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Private message.

Quoting mykidsmomabcde:

What is pm? Im new to this site but I really do want to talk further....

Quoting PrinceMomma486:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaofficer
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:23 PM
So you are saying, if a women is married and she gets pregnant from another man, the daddy gets off scout free. So what happens if the husband divorce her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newfound09
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:25 PM
The husband can file for a paternity test.

Quoting mamaofficer:

So you are saying, if a women is married and she gets pregnant from another man, the daddy gets off scout free. So what happens if the husband divorce her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LatashaNicole
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
DNA is the only advice I can give you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizzys_mommy13
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Some states don't have that particular law. I would get a paternity test done. If the baby is his, then he has to do what the courts say. If the baby isn't then you have rid yourself of the mother (hopefully). 

ColorMeCrazy
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:29 PM

In most states the child is legally considered her husband's baby. She would have to get a paternity test and prove that the child is your dh's. Until then her claim is useless. In some states they won't even allow you to put anyone's name on the birth certificate other than her husband unless she sends in proof of a paternity test.

opal10161973
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:34 PM
3 moms liked this

If she is married, why would this be considered abandonment?  That woman is a nutjob.  Unless there is DNA proof that your DH is the father, then it is not abandonment.  Even if there is a DNA test that he is the father, jail or prison does not necessarily mean the child is abandoned.  See if there is a free law place near you or someone who can get you the forms to answer the claim.  I found a place near me that does it.  I didn't have to pay for anything other than my time and gas to get there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN