Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Whats the biggest obstacle you overcame in your marriage?

I would say my husbands affair, but I'm not completely over it yet. But I would say the biggest obstacle we overcame was accepting our differences. We grew up different and its been a fight to get each other to see things from a different perspective...also, we have had some major financial strains at times that we got through too.

How about you ladies..

by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Replies (81-83):
Finessa26
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 12:55 AM
I would say our biggest obstacle was his mid life crisis he went through. After our son was born he went out bought a expensive car, started going out with the guys I said it was fine as long as he didn't stay out to late. He would stay out way late. I would call keep my cool and say when are you coming home I don't want you out this late and he would hang up on me. One time he came in at six in the morning with a smirk on his face. That was it for me. I went to my mothers a few days at a time I told him to grow up or I'm gone. I tell you it was hard and I knew I could lose him but I did what was best for me and my son. I said this is no life for me or our baby. He was going out till two and three about three times a week I was miserable. Then during the day was flirting with some woman through text message right in front of me. Doesn't matter how much you love someone that is no kind of life for me. I went out bought me some clothea got my hair fixed and said stop or I am gone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Finessa26
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 12:57 AM
He stopped and apologized bought me a new car took me on vacation told me he almost lost everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
7girls1boy
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I can't say we have overcome our obstacle but the kids/blending of the families has been difficult over the last year. It was sheer bliss with all 8 kids in the beginning and then things started to crumble and the drama started and of course DH and I have to support our own. It's a major obstacle!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)