Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I have depression and anger issues which only amplified now that I'm pregnant. My problem seems to be that I overreact to little things my boyfriend does. Earlier this evening we made plans to hangout, and an hour or so later he texts me saying his friend invited him to a girl's house and we wouldn't be seeing each other. That bothered me so I asked why he didn't at least try to see if I could go or tell his friend we had plans. I feel like that because we spend so much time together, he feels like our plans can be dismissed as soon as better plans come up. My only problem is that I ask him to do fun things, but he's never in the mood. Only when I'm not around does he get excited to go out. (I'm not just saying that to put him in a bad light. We seriously do nothing but hangout in his bedroom or get food.) I guess I just need someone to help me figure out how to stop overreacting to situations like the one above, because they happen more and more frequently. And if I just seem like a brat, lay it on me. Tough love is still love. 

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:11 AM
Replies (11-15):
sydjademom24
by Rachel J on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband and I were 18 and 19 when we got married. 20 and 21 when we had our first daughter. My husband had a lot lot lot of friends that loved to party, and he had the party house where everyone went to party cause his parents didn't care what went on...drinking, drugs, sex. So his friends were pretty mad when I came in the picture cause all that stopped. We decided to get married after 3 months of knowing each other and he cut out people he'd known for years to start a family with me. I was his top priority. He didn't leave with his friends without me. Being young doesn't matter, he should have responsibility enough to either put his friends on the back burner or involve you in everything. I understand most guys freak out about becoming dads but that is no excuse still. Sit down and have a talk and make your decision from there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiehopson
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Quoting sydjademom24:

My husband and I were 18 and 19 when we got married. 20 and 21 when we had our first daughter. My husband had a lot lot lot of friends that loved to party, and he had the party house where everyone went to party cause his parents didn't care what went on...drinking, drugs, sex. So his friends were pretty mad when I came in the picture cause all that stopped. We decided to get married after 3 months of knowing each other and he cut out people he'd known for years to start a family with me. I was his top priority. He didn't leave with his friends without me. Being young doesn't matter, he should have responsibility enough to either put his friends on the back burner or involve you in everything. I understand most guys freak out about becoming dads but that is no excuse still. Sit down and have a talk and make your decision from there.

Thank you! He's acting like this child isn't a big deal and we'll be able to handle it without changing anything. Maybe that's him still in denial about how difficult it is, but maybe not. But I will talk to him about it. I just needed some reassurance. 

PinkButterfly66
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Why the heck aren't you included?  You're not over reacting.  I'd be pissed too!

DarlaHood
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:35 PM

O.K.  That's just WRONG!  Another sign that he doesn't really want to be with you, or he would be proud to bring you around his friends.  He's lying to you and you want so bad to believe him, you are being completely gullible.  Wake up!  I'm so sorry.  I know it hurts, but this is not the guy for you.  If I were in your shoes, I would seriously consider adoption as an option.

Quoting katiehopson:

Quoting Aydnsmommy:

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? When you say, his bedroom, it makes me think you two are pretty young. If that is the case, most young men go througj a "crisis" period when they find out they are going to be fathers. They freak out and push the gf or wife away. Some get over it sooner than others. I suggest you sit down with him and seriously talk to him about how you feel and ask him if there is something about the pregnacy that makes him feel like he needs to be away.
If I was wrong about your age, I am really rwally sorry!

I am just a kid. :P 18. He lives with some of his friends in a townhouse, but I'm not allowed to talk to them or their girlfriends because I'm "there to be with him." 

USMCwife0530
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:33 PM
What she said.

Quoting tasha94952:

you are not overreacting! I would be pissed if my husband did that. Sounds like your boyfriend is immature. And possibly he doesn't know how to deal with the pressures of becoming a dad. He needs to get used to not seeing his boys as often now. I dont feel like you need any changing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN