Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Need to vent & need advice (PIOG)

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 3:22 AM
  • 19 Replies
my hubby bought a new Harley on Saturday costing around 17,000$. he told me in return I can get a puppy thatvI'd like. So Im looking at little purse puppy, are daughters a month old so I want something little like a pug or Pomeranian well I found a few I'd like then out of freaken no whare he's like I don't think it's a good idea? WTF REALLY. You can spend that on a new bike but I can't have 100-150 for all supply and a re homing fee ?:( I'm upset becuse he does this a lot gets me excited about something then when I'm close to getting it hes like NO or it's not a good idea ? I don't know what to do make him stick to what he said? Or not get one to make him happy. Please help do I just drop it & let him bring it up? Or just go get one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 3:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
youngartista
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 3:28 AM

This situation is for only you to decide. You know what's best in your situation.. But when my husband treats me like a 'daughter' (we're 14 years apart) i do like a rebelious daughter would do, i either would get it and basically tell him to shove it or give him guilt trips until her felt bad and continue to.. (that is only because i've dealt with nearly 5 years of him acting like my father.. btw) So good luck with this one momma. <3

aimhawk
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 3:35 AM

Did he discuss his purchase with you? Are you both in charge of finances? We do not have a relationship like this, we both do what is best for the family. DH is the only one working, but I'm in charge of all the bills and budgeting.

love.my.marine
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 3:40 AM
He's the only one working but I do bills and finances , it was a spur of the moment thing wasnt expecting to come home w/a bike! But can't do anything now I guess

Quoting aimhawk:

Did he discuss his purchase with you? Are you both in charge of finances? We do not have a relationship like this, we both do what is best for the family. DH is the only one working, but I'm in charge of all the bills and budgeting.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sspaschal2427
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 3:43 AM
He got a $17,000 bike and you get a dog? Wtf? How is that fair?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
love.my.marine
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 3:52 AM
That's what I wanna know, but apparently it's not a good idea

Quoting sspaschal2427:

He got a $17,000 bike and you get a dog? Wtf? How is that fair?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 5:24 AM

I'd be pretty darn upset.

aimhawk
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:23 AM

You do not "spur of the moment" come home with a purchase that big. He could always sell it. Lol. DH wants a motorcycle, but we've talked about it and now isn't the time. I don't see how you spending $100 on a dog would be a big deal, though. It seems a little controlling if he does this to you all the time.

Quoting love.my.marine:

He's the only one working but I do bills and finances , it was a spur of the moment thing wasnt expecting to come home w/a bike! But can't do anything now I guess

Quoting aimhawk:

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

chendren1
by Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:38 AM
My ex use to do the same thing. He ruined my bday bought himself a present and I paid for us to get dinner. I told him a wanted a dog and he said no. I got the dog anyway. Best decision ever. She is my guardian dog. The first night I had her she was already very protective over me not even letting him come near me. He left me months later for another woman. My dog smelled out db right away... Dont let your husband control like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NiCo86
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Who the hell just "spur of the moment" buys a motorcycle????

Quoting love.my.marine:

Quoting aimhawk:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
love.my.marine
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:03 PM
My husband

Quoting NiCo86:

Who the hell just "spur of the moment" buys a motorcycle????

Quoting love.my.marine:

Quoting aimhawk:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)