Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

♥ I Do ♥

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:55 AM
  • 33 Replies

When you were getting married and were saying your wedding vows and said I do. Did you get emotional, nervous? What was your thoughts and feelings that very moment?

groombride

by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dingysfamily
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I did get a bit emotional, but I wasn't nervous.  As for my feelings at the moment, I was just very, very happy. Dh & I had both been married before and we had children; we'd pretty much built a family and our kids were already calling each other brothers & sisters, so this was just making everything 'legal' ... which was something that was extremely important to me.  Dh knew that; he'd have been fine just living together.  He had been hurt more by his 1st wife and the break up of his 1st marriage than I had, so he really did not want to remarry. I never put any pressure on him, but he also knew how much I loved him and how I felt about marriage; I think when I agreed to move into the house we were building with him - thereby letting my entire family know we were living together & going against everything my family stood for - he knew I wasn't going anywhere.  He told me that was what made him realize that marriage to me was going to be worth it and was what he wanted.  So that day, that moment ... I was filled with complete & utter joy!!  27+ years later, I still feel the same ... even more so!

dipsetgrl06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:27 AM
No and honesty all I was thinking about was getting out of the heat. It was 102 that day. Lol I was happy to be marrying the love of my life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Yes...looking at Geoff and saying those vows meant more to me than anything!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyto3bees
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
,nervous,was i making the right choice
lillybug222
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:38 AM
I didn't get emotional until my BFF sang a song during the ceremony!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HollyHawk333
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:41 AM
I was nervous up until I locked eyes with Scott as I walked down the aisle. From then on it was like a movie almost. I felt totally calm and in love. Like everything was perfect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeanNJ2114
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Greetings - I was cool through the whole thing.  It was my husband that started crying!  The pastor said, "When David get himself together, we will continue"  everybody bust out laughing. 

2lilmamas
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:56 AM
I was just very happy knowing i was marrying the love of my life.
katy7980
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:00 AM

we got married at city hall and I saw a bird on the ledge, so when I said "I do", I wasn't really paying attention,lol

BaileynMe
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Lol all I thought through the whole ceremony was, "Why is he scowling? Why doesn't he smile? Is he regretting this?" Turns out DH was so afraid of messing up the ceremony he didn't smile once through the whole thing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN