Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tap water?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:25 PM
  • 24 Replies
Ya'll maybe thinking I might be exaggerating but to me I just feel a bit better about not letting DD drink tap water. I know is not a big deal but all the tap water I've drink before it was gross or smelly or stuff. Well my DH gives her tap water and it just makes me so upset because to me is gross...

He says its better and blah blah but there has been times that is smelly and I just feel better giving her bottle water... Do you give your kids tap water? And how do you feel about it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Innocencedreams
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:26 PM

We don't give our kids straight tap, we have a filter on the faucet and a britta filter jug, and that is what they drink. I refuse to drink straight tap, and I won't let my kids have it either. My husband is on the same page with that. 

2lilmamas
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:32 PM
No we get bottled water. We both agree on the no tap water.
ballerina.2006
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Why not get a filter? We have a water softener because our water is literally not drinkable because of the amount of iron and other minerals in it. Our softener makes our water usable! Our fridge also is filtered water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eliza_e03
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:41 PM
He said he would get a filter but he keeps leaving it. He says its good because of the fluoride but that's why she can go tot he dentist. Geez he makes me mad!!! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Finessa26
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:48 PM
I read about this in my nutrition class is it,a myth that bottled water is better? Tap and bottled water are both equally purified. Bottled water is purified diferently to alter the taste. Bottled water doesn't have floride like tap water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Finessa26
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Nursery water has flouride. I don't know how old your kid is but I wouldn't give tap to a baby without boiling it or bottled. Well if the sink has rust on it or you just don't like it. I would get nursery water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Finessa26
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:55 PM
I won't let my boy drink something that I think taste yuck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Get a zero water filter pitcher and keep it in the fridge.   I wish I could afford a whole house filter to get rid of EVERYTHING including fluoride.  

MommyLehr
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:56 PM
We all drink tap water. It's yummy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Finessa26
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Oh I didn't see your post when I wrote mine about fluoride.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)