Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

2 hour trip with no help?

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 1:02 PM
  • 10 Replies
Ok so 2 hours is not that far of a drive I understand that lol BUT for me it feels like a SUPER LONG drive cause my 22 month old hates to ride! When she was younger she would SCREAM the entire 2 hour trip. My inlaws live 2 hours away so we didn't travel it much when she was younger. She is a lot better now but still not a great rider. I always have my husband with me on the trip but tomorrow he has to work so I'm thinking of driving up by myself for 4th of July dinner because #1 they never get to see our dd on an actual holiday and #2 they always blame me for not coming to visit often so this will show them that I actually do care and I'm putting the effort in lol. Anyone have any advice to keep her from getting bored or mad in the car that's not harmful to me while I'm driving? She has a DVD player in the car that helps for a little while (like maybe 30 minutes cause she is not a big tv person) and she has the aqua doodle for the car that she can use to draw with. On the way home she will more than likely sleep so I'm not worried about that but she will not sleep on the way down there I'm like 90% sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmmaZate
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 1:04 PM
I have no clue. My dd loved long car trips. She would watch movies and sleep. We took a 6 hour trip and she did wonderfully
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zebbyzebby06
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Music she likes and sing with her? Play find (instert color or shape here) by looking out tge window.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MooreBoysMama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Individual bags of goldfish or pretzels. Tiny box of raisins. Something to keep her busy with maybe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
airforcewife90
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 1:45 PM
I did a 12 hour drive with just me and ds when he was about 22 months. Bring lots of snacks and a bunch of different movies. Also stop frequently even if it is just for a few mins to let her walk around
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Sing to her. Play kids nursery rhymes for her. I would stop when she gets fussy and let her run around for 10 min or so. Bring treats for her to snack on. can you bring a friend with you or a family member to help you? Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Snacks, a new toy and leave around nap time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I hope it goes well sweetheart. My 3 year old doesn't do good with car rides but he does well. We have a TV/DVD in our car which helps a lot.

kjbugsmom1517
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Ive driven 8 hours or more with both my kids even as babies. It will be ok. She may surprise ya and get bored and go to sleep :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:22 PM
They are eating during her naptime so that won't work

Quoting starreyedcutie:

Snacks, a new toy and leave around nap time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Yeah that's what I was thinking I could stop every 30 minutes if I have to. She may end up doing better just us 2

Quoting airforcewife90:

I did a 12 hour drive with just me and ds when he was about 22 months. Bring lots of snacks and a bunch of different movies. Also stop frequently even if it is just for a few mins to let her walk around
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)