Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

what would you do?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 4:59 AM
  • 10 Replies
Let me start by saying no bashing please....so my SO does no have a job neither do I we both are full time students him during the day me at night we stay with my family. as far as finances go he gets 250 a month on back child suport so thats how we get diapers and such. Well his grandfather is well off and has told him he will help us with a house tomorrow we have a meeting with them tomorrow about this. My question is would you take a house or not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 4:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
girllovescamo
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:11 AM
If he buys you the house, how are you going to afford electric, water/sewer, garbage, heat, food taxes? Or will he be helping with bills as well?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole6870
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:17 AM
I'd take the help but you're going to have to pay utilities somehow...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine257
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:38 AM
I would take the help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 6:33 AM
No i wouldnt. But i hope you do you are able to pay the bill and expenses.
i.heart.myboys
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 7:42 AM
This is my question as well.

Quoting girllovescamo:

If he buys you the house, how are you going to afford electric, water/sewer, garbage, heat, food taxes? Or will he be helping with bills as well?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sokolowski
by Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 3:18 PM
SO has a job waiting as soon as he finish school and now that my kids are getting bigger I will be able find a part time job

Quoting i.heart.myboys:

This is my question as well.

Quoting girllovescamo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole2884
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:57 PM

he said help  , he didnt say he flat out pay for it did he

an are you sure strings dont come with that deal

no i dont think i could take it

pampire
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 2:25 AM

I'd hear him out and see if it was a situation that we could make work.

10yrsapart9505
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Not if we couldn't afford to support ourselves.  It's very generous of him to offer to help you all out like that, but personally, i'd feel like i was completely mooching off of him.  I wouldnt do it until at least one of us had a job to support ourselves and our kid. 

dawnbradley
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM
So wait a sec........................you and he are not married. You have kids from another guy/ marriage. What does it mean he gets 'back support' of 250 bucks a month............and for diapers? So you have a kid with him? And you both are in school? Neither work? And houses are so expensive! Really. Put a ring on it. Finish school. Marry. And no more kids!
And for granddad.....................well IDK...............in the end you always owe.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)