Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

:(

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 8:56 AM
  • 16 Replies

so next weekend my dh and i are going to OH for my cousins kids wedding....the weather so far looks perfect mid 80's sunny, beautiful!!!

I just got my motorcycle endorsement in May..and have put nearly 3000 miles on my beloved sally (her name...as in mustang...she's a 2003 HD dyna superglide)...and i want to ride the 6hrs...we would leave after dh gets home from work around 5ish...pull into austinburg about midnight or so (stopping for food/gas/pee etc)...I have done long rides before, but not this long, and certainly not that long at night (sunset about what 9pm ish)...then come home on sunday...leaving late am/early afternoon..

dh wants to drive...and i completely understand his reasons behind this... 6hrs in a car is so much different than 6 hours on a bike,,,we'd get home kinda late, possibly hung over when we leave and and i know for me the next day after a long ride, im a bit sore, my back needs to be cracked etc.....but, i have a certain number in my mind that i want to ride this year, and it would be a badge on my brownie vest to say, yeah my first year riding i've rode x amt of miles and have been to 5 states...dh just laughs at me and says whatever...he's rode to every state in the lower 48, and a run to Ohio is not a big deal to him.....

i know and im ok with why he wants to drive, im just a bit disappointed i guess....

by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof5kids84
by Lauren on Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Sorry hun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
10yrsapart9505
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:54 AM

awwe man, that sucks.  Sorry.  Maybe ya'll can take a weekend without any other plans and just ride and ride til your hearts content. 

10yrsapart9505
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I dont see it dangling anywhere.....where's your gremlin bell?

bookworm14
by Mandy on Jul. 6, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Congrats on getting the endorsement, its a beautiful bike! I'm sorry this trip won't work out to ride, but hopefully you can plan another one soon. You may just have to plan a girls' only trip!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nsparky1964
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Quoting 10yrsapart9505:

I dont see it dangling anywhere.....where's your gremlin bell?

it is there!!! right behind the forward control/highway peg..dh bought it for me when i go my MC endorsement!!!

CrazyLife1996
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 10:30 AM
I'm sorry Hun.

My cousins decided to do along ride once and it ended up taking over twice the amount of time. They said it was because they had to keep stopping to rest their legs.

They have always riden for hours at a time but this was different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nsparky1964
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

I'm sorry Hun.

My cousins decided to do along ride once and it ended up taking over twice the amount of time. They said it was because they had to keep stopping to rest their legs.

yes it can be like that...last year the family (dh, bil, nephew and i) rode to KY (i was on the back of dh's bike, the one in the picture, he's since bought a new dyna wideglide)..and there took us 8 hrs..coming home was 6...went to indy about a month ago ( i live in nw indiana), and the ride normally is about3hrs...took us 6+ bc of the group we were with needing to stop often....

CrazyLife1996
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I had to laugh at them because normally it would have taken 6 hours to get here but that time it took 12.

They didn't walk right for 2 days. They were trying to pick up girls and they were walking like a tree was up their butts. It was funny as hell.

Quoting nsparky1964:

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

I'm sorry Hun.

yes it can be like that...last year the family (dh, bil, nephew and i) rode to KY (i was on the back of dh's bike, the one in the picture, he's since bought a new dyna wideglide)..and there took us 8 hrs..coming home was 6...went to indy about a month ago ( i live in nw indiana), and the ride normally is about3hrs...took us 6+ bc of the group we were with needing to stop often....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Acid
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm more concerned that you'd be driving hung over.  That's pretty irresponsible.

anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 2:26 PM

That is an AMAZING bike!!! You ROCK!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)