Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Mother In Law Doesnt Listen

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 5:24 PM
  • 19 Replies

So my mother in law always wants to keep my baby but she feeds her crackers my baby is 9 months old. feeds her crackers, gives her coffee, gives her soda, ice cream, and puts her in the car forward facing after i have told her time and time again not to. And my dh still wants her to go over there. wtf?

Haley 5-25-07 & Husband 1-10-11 &Bella Rose 9-28-11

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkHairMAMA
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 5:25 PM
5 moms liked this
As Mom I'd have to put my foot down and say no more until she is older or you can prove you respect my rules.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catrig
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:22 PM

I don't blame you.

ShannaBee
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Tell her, and your husband, if she cannot abide by your rules and parenting structure, she cannot have the baby alone without you present. Your husband should back you up.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:50 PM

She can go over there, but I wouldn't leave the baby with her!!  SMH

bookworm14
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Wow, good luck with that one! Stand your ground!!

mrs_turner2006
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:07 PM
I would tell DH that she wasn't going over there again until his mommy could respect you as a mother and follow your rules. I do not allow anyone I do not trust 100% to follow my rules to be around my son, much less alone with him.
kayelynnesmommy
by Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:18 PM
My mil isnt allowed to keep my girls for this reason. She refuses to give my 5 yo a drink unless its in a sippy cup which she hasnt drank from in almost 3 years. We were over there for dinner last night a she tried to dip my 2 month olds paci in chili. Also because I refuse to do solids until 6 mnths unless absolutely nessecary I am starving ydd. SS can stay if dh says its ok. Dh knows until they stop going against my wishes the girls cant stay unless we are there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ilaynasmommy
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Thanks.

Quoting ShannaBee:

Tell her, and your husband, if she cannot abide by your rules and parenting structure, she cannot have the baby alone without you present. Your husband should back you up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RoyalBlossom
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't let her go, she is your baby. I would tell my SO that if his mom couldn't respect my wishes she can't see our child and if he can't respect my wishes than he may not be able to see her either. Who in the hell gives an infant coffee, baby have baby snacks and if you don't allow her those no one else should give them to her either.

MissMia22
by Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:26 PM

just tell DH that not only is she not following your rules she is also being illegal and it can be considered child endangerment because she is FF your under a yr old child.  and put your foot down!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN