Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How did you decide on your kids name?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 6:49 AM
  • 40 Replies
How did you decide on your kids name? Did you find it on a name book, named them after someone, etc?
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 6:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gemini1011
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 7:05 AM

Donnie was named after my Dad and has his Dads middle name Edward, he was his first grand-son--and Lonnie, she was named after my Grandfather that passed away when Donnie was 3 months old and has my middle name Yvonne--Anthony, my hubby loved the name so thats what we named him but I changed the spelling of his middle name Leih, because we have a nephew with the same middle name--Marcia Lynn, she was named after my Mom Marsha Lynn--Paige, I loved the name and she has my Grand mothers middle name Elaine--and Isaiah was something we both picked out and I always liked the name Ryan so thats his middle name. Whew that was alot of work LOL 

tifbrown
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 7:12 AM
Both are family names.

Eva Shirley - Eva is my middle name and my great grandmother's name; Shirley is my mom's younger sister who passed away from cancer.

Verina Mabel - Verina is my mil's real name, she doesn't go by it; Mabel is my husband's grandmother's name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deltadawn1975
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 7:28 AM

My dd got her name from two of her great grandmothers who both passed away before she was born.

Emily from my dad's mom and Violet from my mother in law's mom.

yourpassion
by Kristen on Jul. 12, 2012 at 7:28 AM
We found first names we liked that flowed well with our middle names.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:35 AM
We looked at books and browsed online and we found a name we both agreed on.
boshs1andonly
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:36 AM
we just kept naming names until we found one we both liked lol the middle name is my maiden name so that wasn't an issue but dh kept regarding all my names so it took forever
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beemer00o0
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:40 AM

We just discussed names we like. Luckily we both love old fashion names. Each of us make a list and have power of veto lol. Then we just narrow it down. 

mamacalifornia
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Well my daughter is named after my husband and I so Timothy & Amber =Timber & her middle name is Ryley which is a name we liked and my ds is named Braeden a name we both liked his middle name is after my dad's middle name & my dad's great great uncle

Buttercup0829
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Lucas Scott - Lucas was just a name I liked and Scott is my brother's middle name.

Tenlea Danielle - Tenlea (pronounced Ten-Lee) is the name of a character on my & DF's mutual favorite movie Summer Catch. Danielle is just a spin off if Daniel which is DF's middle name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anryan
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 8:30 PM
My son was named after my fave fiction character: ryan cawdor in deathlands

My daughter was named morgan cause I liked it an her middle name is star cause we saw six shooting stars on the way to the hospital the night she was born
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)