Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How did you decide on your kids name?

Posted by   + Show Post
How did you decide on your kids name? Did you find it on a name book, named them after someone, etc?
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 6:49 AM
Replies (31-40):
nettey79
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I worked at a nursing home when I found out that Nate was going to be a boy. I had all the residents give me names they liked and I narrowed it down to Nathaniel. Francis (my dad's dad middle name) was going to be his middle name no matter what.

I worked at a different nursing home when I found out that I was going to have another little boy. So I was giving a lady, who did not talk, a bath and I was asking her what she thought his first name should be. I was giving suggestions. She shook her head at most of the names and when I said Cornelious Armine she said yes so the name stuck. Armine is my mom's dad's dad's middle name.

By the time I had Zeke I was married so I was talking to dh about a name. So since both Nates and Corys name were in the Bible we thought we should get his name from there too. So we agreed on Ezekeil. James is after my dad's brother who helped me get back on my feet after some hard times.

2lilmamas
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Quoting Anryan:

My son was named after my fave fiction character: ryan cawdor in deathlands

My daughter was named morgan cause I liked it an her middle name is star cause we saw six shooting stars on the way to the hospital the night she was born

I love the names.
JohnnyCakes
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 3:43 PM

First names came from baby books/suggestions from family, middle names honor family members. :)

dakotafriend
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:29 AM
We took each of our favorite movie trilogies. And picked characters. We had a daughter. Her name is Trinity as in Trinity from the Matrix. And her middle name is Leila (lee-I-lahh) which means dark beauty. Had we had a boy his name would have been anikan from Star Wars which means warrior and middle name Hunter. I am Sioux Indian so I love names that are more unique but also have meaning.
biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Well my name is Bianca Lina
And my mom who has passed her name was Hildalina
So I named my DD Angelina.
Her middle name.is Syan..which was a compromise with her Bio dad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngelicMommy_72
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Gabriel Robin Nicholas

G, would have been my name if I were a boy.
R, after his cousin that went missing.
N, I just loved the name.

Cody Ray Anthony.
C, he picked it out.
R, his middle name
A, after my Godson who asked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IhartU
by Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I usually would make a list and he'd tell me what names he liked. There were times we didn't agree but in the end I always got my way. lol.

DemocraticMama
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:16 PM

my 3 oldest all have middle names from family members.  There first names we came up with and are pretty normal but we tweeked the spelling to make them unique.  

Kearsten Leona (Leona is my middle name, my grandmothers, great grandmothers, etc... passed down through generations)

Kieley Kay (Kay is my ex-husbands mother's middle name)

Kody William (William is my ex's and his father's middle name)

Ella Kassidy is my baby girl and Ella is my mother's middle name and Kassidy is just because I loved it and I wanted her to have a K somewhere in her name. 

I love my four K's.

Jennifer Leona ~  “All a girl really wants is for one guy to prove to her that they are not all the same.” ~Marilyn Monroe

arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:42 PM
My husband liked both the boys' nicknames and he agreed to lengthen them for their given names.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jul. 16, 2012 at 4:08 PM

We didn't.  DD came with her name LOL.  She was a month old when we brought her home.  Now we have names picked out for future kiddos.  We've had our names picked out for 10 years now.  We pray we get to use them some day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN