Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Is there any friend of dh or SO you dont trust them around? not females!

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:37 AM
  • 31 Replies
For me its my SO brother. I feel like if they were out hanging out for the night and a hot girl walked up to my SO, his brother would give shit and possibly egg him on to flirt with her or maybe more. His brother doesn't seem to respect women at all though.

My SO would say he doesn't trust me hanging out with my step sister. Because of the past. He has reason not to trust her but he has to start trusting me at some point.

I trust him to some point. I feel like with his brother he would feel the need to be all macho manly in front of his brother and if his brother called him out and said he was whipped or a pussy or something. I think he would feel some need to show his brother wrong.

What about your SO/DH?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:41 AM

I never liked any of his friends because they tended towards drugs and heavy alcohol.  I just let him know that he would not be walking into this house under the influence and made sure that those friends would not be around me our our children.

They are his friends and not yours, so as long as they dont cause conflict with me then I dont mind. 

As far as it being his brother, I would definitely set his brother straight!

ChelleBoo23
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:44 AM
A couple of these guys he hangs out with occasionally to talk about cara because they try to get him to smoke pot, drink, and steal shit because that's how they are.
For me it would be my exbestfriend because he knows our history me and her always get into trouble when we're together and she's still a trouble maker.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Yes there are 2 and not that I don't trust dh when he is around them I don't trust them because several times they have tried to put him in compromising situation. Dh knows this and doesn't hang out with one anymore. And the other we are both friends with( he was my friend first well both were but thins happened with the first one between us and I almost beat his ass and not not sexual lol.). But we rarely see him and dh only goes out with him if it's a group thing and 95% of the time I'm with him or one of the kids is( if it's like a BBQ thing at their house ) I guess u could say we keep him at arms length!
louise1212
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:48 AM
Like i said... His brother doesn't respect women so if i tried to say anything to him, he would just look at me a laugh.

One time his brother stopped by to visit for a min and i was in the middle of making myself some breakfast and my SO asked what i was doing and i told him, it was none of his business and that if he must know i was making myself some breakfast burritos and no you can't have any, and all of this was said in a joking manner and my SO said that later his brother said he would have slapped a bitch for talking tk him like that. And i was like really... I was joking first of all and second... Its a good thing im not his girl cause i would knock his ass right back. But thats his brother. I can't do much... He hasn't said anything directly to me yet so...

Quoting MixedCooke:

I never liked any of his friends because they tended towards drugs and heavy alcohol.  I just let him know that he would not be walking into this house under the influence and made sure that those friends would not be around me our our children.

They are his friends and not yours, so as long as they dont cause conflict with me then I dont mind. 

As far as it being his brother, I would definitely set his brother straight!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motha2daDuchess
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:50 AM

I blame my dh's stupid friend for the issues me and him are having, since he is getting his, "it's ok to do it" information from the man that cheated on his wife

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:49 AM

nope

louise1212
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly what im talking about. Men getting advice from horrible guys that don't know anything

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

I blame my dh's stupid friend for the issues me and him are having, since he is getting his, "it's ok to do it" information from the man that cheated on his wife

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bubbie0809
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I think there is an age where all that goes away. My husband is 42 and says that he is immune to peer pressure. 

louise1212
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Well I hope so.

Quoting Bubbie0809:

No, I think there is an age where all that goes away. My husband is 42 and says that he is immune to peer pressure. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CMS803
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:16 PM
From what I've heard, I don't think I would trust DH with his ex-wife's sister's boyfriend. They are really good friends and have been for years, but they've gotten themselves into trouble before, and I would not be okay with him hanging out with him alone. Now if I were with them, I know nothing would happen, or if BIL were with them. I know BIL would be the voice of reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)