Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Help please

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:05 AM
  • 13 Replies
So getting ready to start looking for a apartment but before we start looking we need to get a range on what we c can afford so I need your help. How much normally do you spend on electric cable food and wat ever other bill you pay?
Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkHairMAMA
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:31 AM
Some apartments have some of those added in the rent. Make sure you ask, or check their website if they have one.

Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilTymomma
by Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:54 AM

It depends how many ppl, and how long are u in your apartment during the day using electricity and water. Some apartments have water sewer and trash included as a flat rate. But some you pay separately. Havent seen the flat rate for more than $40 dollars. Depending on the weather is what you get for electricity, our bill was average of 120$ given that heat was ran by electicity not gas. Also, depending on the state you're in. We are in Georgia. its kinda cheap here. I almost forgot, we are a family of 3 hubby, me and baby. I stayed at home with baby and hubby worked.  This is very general but I hope it helps.Good Luck!!!

Love Always,

Angel

typing

steffers96
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 3:45 AM
Well we haven't been in an apartment in 15 years, but I remember our costs were minimal - about $80/month for electric, $80/ month for phone, $30/ month for gas, and $50/ month for cable. Our water and trash were included in our rent.

Now that we're homeowners .... Oh man - everything goes thru the roof!!! It's ridiculous!!!
Momof5kids84
by Lauren on Jul. 14, 2012 at 5:35 AM
We lived in an apartment almost 1 1/2 ago. We paid $250ish for electric ( hubby keeps it cold & we live in al) , 60is for water/sewer (50 bucks was the minimum regardless of how much you actually used), trash was included, we used cell phones, cable was like 150ish and it included all channels and Internet, and no gas. Apartment included a washer/dryer set, refrigerator, stove, and microwave. Our rent was 1275 a month though because it was gated w/ playground and we had 3 kids at the time so we had a 3 bedroom. We have a house now...the house payment/insurance is about 200 bucks cheaper.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dayna29
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 6:02 AM
1 mom liked this

We have always looked at it as: can you afford this on one persons paycheck? Just in case someone looses their job, they can still make it.

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Jul. 14, 2012 at 7:48 AM
It depends where you live. How big the apartment is ( studio's are way cheaper & way smaller, if anythings included.

When I had my apartment 4 years ago, rent was $500 a month and heat was included, $80-$100 for electric. Food, it was just myself and DD I paid about $300 maybe a little more a month for food. Trash was included, and water. My cellphone bill was $45 a month, car payment $230 a month and car insurance was $110 a month. I would put $20 in my tank every other day. Where I lived everything was far and I had a jeep that was a V8.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BannerElkHogans
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:44 AM

110-150 for electricity---- cable 130 thats with everything(cable internet, phone,plus all the sports an movie's) 300 to 400 on groceries- we buy alot of veggies(for canning an pickling)we live in Mountain's so price here could be different, we live 4 1/2 hours from any major cities ....ha ha

If you can find a 600-800 month all bills paid apt thats a great deal. also check out (www.Rentals.com)  Apt's galore! 

Gmgej
by Michele on Jul. 14, 2012 at 3:04 PM

your rent/mgt pmt shoud be about 25% o your income to be within a comfort zone.

foxysugarlove
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Our rent includes water, trash. We're on a tight budget so we keep bills pretty basic. Electric about $50 a month, cell phones $80 a month, car insurance $50, food around $400 for us and kids (2 and 6 yrs old). We cut out cable. a friend gave us two converter boxes, so there's no monthly bill for TV.

exhaustedmother
by Amy on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Most apartments include water and trash in the rent so usually all you have would be your electricity, gas if you use it, cable and phone. I own my house but when i did rent my electricity was usually around 100, it really depends on how big your apt is and how many people you have living there. Some apartments include all utilities with the exception of your phone and cable so shop around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)