Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Vent about my worry wart df

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:21 PM
  • 21 Replies
Okay so DS will be 4 in October. Df was at a race with his father today do I brought DS to my dads house ( he lives pretty much on the beach). I made sure DS had good amount of sunscreen on before we went. Well he went in the water and I guess I should've put more on him after he got out but I made a mistake I guess when I didn't even think to. Well df is pissed and freaked out on me for the fact that he has a sunburn. It's just a normal burn with no blisters or anything strange. Of course Ive been putting Vaseline and lotion on it to help it heal. But he's acting like it's some emergency . I grew up on the beach and of course it's good to avoid getting a sunburn, but these things happen. He expects DS to never get hurt ever.. He's a child and things happen. I know it was my mistake but come on really..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laurenb1
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louise1212
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:37 PM
I don't know how many times I've got a sunburn as a child. He will be fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catrig
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Put aloe on it.

earthangel1967
Happy Sept! I changed my siggy & profile for Sept. This month I'll be spending time in Love & Marriage & Frugalistas & Everyday Family Ideas groups. See you there! :D
Today at 1:35 AM
by YVONNE on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:48 PM

You've already expressed regret not having put more on him and will do even better next time, hopefully DF will forgive and move on bc he is only human too and I've never known of ANY parent no matter who good who goes without ever ever making one mistake etc, we all do in one way or another. Its part of being human

Blinksssss YVONNE

lillybug222
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:50 PM
I'll admit--if I left our DD's with my DH & they got a sunburn I would be irritated. I would get over it, but I would be irritated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laurenb1
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:08 PM
I know really... He will get over it, I'm just pissed now because so sick of him overreacting about everything. I was like well if I bring him to the hospital the nurse is going to laugh at me because it's not an emergency.

Quoting earthangel1967:

You've already expressed regret not having put more on him and will do even better next time, hopefully DF will forgive and move on bc he is only human too and I've never known of ANY parent no matter who good who goes without ever ever making one mistake etc, we all do in one way or another. Its part of being human

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
Happy Sept! I changed my siggy & profile for Sept. This month I'll be spending time in Love & Marriage & Frugalistas & Everyday Family Ideas groups. See you there! :D
Today at 1:35 AM
by YVONNE on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Quoting laurenb1:

I know really... He will get over it, I'm just pissed now because so sick of him overreacting about everything. I was like well if I bring him to the hospital the nurse is going to laugh at me because it's not an emergency.

Quoting earthangel1967:

hugsgood luck fingers crossed

Blinksssss YVONNE

Momof5kids84
by Lauren on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:30 PM
I don't really put sunscreen on my kids unless they are going to be out for hours. They don't burn. I'm part Mexican, and my hubby tans really easily. They all look beautiful with their tans. I know that I should be better about it because of skin cancer and stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyanneS
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Use aloe!! Vaseline will trap in the heat! :( my dd got burnt one time and I felt horrible but hey it happens! He will get over it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laurenb1
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM
I'm half Portuguese and didn't put sunscreen on myself... And I came back with a dark tan. But unfortunately ( and df is also sensitive about this) DS has his dads light skin.

Quoting Momof5kids84:

I don't really put sunscreen on my kids unless they are going to be out for hours. They don't burn. I'm part Mexican, and my hubby tans really easily. They all look beautiful with their tans. I know that I should be better about it because of skin cancer and stuff.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)