Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What kind of teen were you...

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 8:39 AM
  • 73 Replies
What kind of teen were you? Where you out-going, living on the edge, quiet or shy?
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gr8d8n3mom
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I was always out going, and working. Our parents and grandmother owned a Restaurant, we all worked in it. I was also a bit of a dare devil, and very active, softball, owned horses, etc.

when I was about 12 we got a new Refridge. I got the box. Opened it up all the way, then folded it in half, Opened both the french type doors down stairs to the outside(which was snow and Ice) took it to the top of our stairs (all 17 of them which were carpeted) convinced my sisters to hop on, and we Zoomed down the stairs out the doors to the snow!

My mother was so pissed! (cast iron radiator at the bottom) I could have busted anyone's head open! the house was built in the early 1800's with 10 ft ceilings! I was grounded, when my dad found out, he fussed at me too, (when he got home) then when my mom left the room he whispered in my ear. THAT was a GOOD one! Probably something I'd of done at ur age! ;)

planning a wedding

llheet8586
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I was definitely quiet and shy... I mean I was crazy, weird, funny with my group of friends, but I never did drugs or really drink.  When I started dating my husband at almost 18 I started to live a *little* on the edge... you know not listening to your parents and staying out late.  He was my first real boyfriend and there was sex involved lol so we spent a lot of time together doing that hahahaaaa.  I actually got pregnant when I was 18 and still a senior in high school, but I had a miscarriage.  Then I got pregnant again at 19 (few months from 20), but we were engaged already had our own place by then. 

GodsAmiga
by Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I was quiet and shy except around my friends. Then I probably talked too much. Lol! I was the quiet shy Christian girl who carried around her Bible and who everyone just assumed made straight As (I wish! Lol! I was shocked when I found that out.).

jac77
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Eh...I wouldn't say i was shy but, I tend to not trust people. So, until I get to really know someone i appear shy.  I went to a cpl different schools in my town so, I had friends everywhere.  I always had a steady boyfriend. I had good friends that were boys & girls.  I was somewhat involved...dance team, played instrument, never skipped school.  My dad was way strict so, my mom always knew what i was up to & lied to my dad so I could enjoy my teens.  Never had the caddy girl drama until I got in my 30's.  lol.

kargirl42
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Quiet and shy...always the " I have to go home now" girl...lol
But would get grounded for some things like not coming home on time when out with my bf who had his own van...
;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NatashaOlivia
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I was a nightmare. I'd get home from school at about 3.30/3.45 and I'd get changed and go straight back out. I'd be out 'til 2 or 3 in the morning - drinking, smoking, just walking around, eventually it was drugs as well. I'd be late for school the next morning - if I even bothered going. I was mouthy (still am), would get into fights that really weren't necessary. I was just causing chaos. Hated my Mom, didn't get on with one of my older sisters. Was always chatting back to people, bad-mouthed - just a bitch really. I was suspended from school regularly, never did homework, and I was banned from our Prom.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:32 AM
I went to school to socialize. And i liked boys a bit too much. ;)

I never drank,snuck out, or did drugs or smoked cigs tho. I somehow made it into college where i continued to socialize too much.
I finally grad after 6 years and 3 schools. Ugh. Id so things a little bit different now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hot2him
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I think I was one of those invisible people in high school; not in the popular crowd, but not a nerd or geek either. I had my friends and got along with pretty much anyone, but I was always concerned about what other people thought of me... which is ironic because I don't think most people (other than my small group of friends) even knew who I was.

cartersmommy407
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:56 AM
I was that good girl that had the secret wild side. I cant believe some of the stuff I use to do. I was outgoing but a late blomme (so my mom thought)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hot2him
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Yup, this was me, too. Except I was fully aware of my average grades whereas I think most people thought I was one of the "smart" ones. My grades were bad because I didn't care, not because I didn't understand the work.

Quoting GodsAmiga:

I was quiet and shy except around my friends. Then I probably talked too much. Lol! I was the quiet shy Christian girl who carried around her Bible and who everyone just assumed made straight As (I wish! Lol! I was shocked when I found that out.).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)