Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How hard is it to be in love and stay married?

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:37 PM
  • 52 Replies

I wonder as I am married and love my husband but I miss other males attention.

by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think its all that hard. I have been married 30 yrs. Other guys still flirt so I don't not get any other males attention.

purple899
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Love my husband
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauriebash
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

We didn't get married until we were 28. He was married before, I wasn't. We had plenty of attention before we got married. We have been married over 20 years, It gets easier every day.

SheubyLynn
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I have been married now 29 yrs. but there is no spark anymore. I do love him but he sleeps in one room and I in another. 

liz.1986
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:56 PM
6 moms liked this
In the 8 years Dh and I have been together I have never craved another man's attention and I still very much love my husband. Love and marriage is not easy; it takes work to keep the "spark" alive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM
3 moms liked this
We will be married for 9 years in September and honestly it's only gotten better. If you work at it it's not hard. I think you have to have a friendship too. Nobody else makes me laugh like my husband. We can sit in silence next to each other and not say anything and we're both comfortable with that. We make it work. We have completely different tastes in music, movies and everything else, but we both make an effort to learn about what the other one likes.

You have to find what works for you two. Luckily we have his parents to look up to and learn from and get advice from when we need it. You can't model your life on some image of what you think a great marriage is. You just have to do your thing .

I am extremely upright and Dh is very laid back. This afternoon he was in one of the kids tube things trying to get the cat into it, i told him to quit fooling around and his mother reminded me that he's just having fun and to let him be a kid sometimes. Gotta give and take, otherwise it can fall to pieces
jacobsmommy84
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM
4 moms liked this
Is the reason you're not getting attention because you're married? Because last time I checked, that really never stopped any guy......
If you're attractive, they'll look....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
denversutton
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:02 PM
2 moms liked this

If you're itching for that male attention, try to create that spark again with him. I haven't been married nearly as long as you have, & I reached a similar point. I even tried my hardest to get something out of DH to no avail. I later found out that he was struggling with depression & had no motivation. Could that be a factor?This also may sound ridiculous & cheesy, but I've seen this new show called "7 days of sex", & it profiles couples in your situation. They commit to having 7 straight days of sex, & at the end of it they either recommit themselves with renewed vows & all, or they have the option for calling it for what it is. I have yet to see a couple not recommit. DH & I have thought about doing the challenge ourselves... & they don't just have sex. They truly try to change themselves for the better & improve the marriage. It might be worth a shot.

prieta05
by Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM
I can say I still have some love over my husband.. But feels like we are away from each other .. We have been through so much in the past 7 years that he works fulltime and am a full time home stay mom that we barely get time to be alone" like when we first met
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jacobsmommy84
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
We must be twins:) you two sound like me and my husband and I love it:) never been so in love with anyone in my life (and I was married before and it never felt like this)
You definately have to work at it...
I used to think that when I found my perfect guy, everything would just fall into place and "just work"
Now? I realize that's not it at all...... It's about finding the one that makes all that work.... Worth it:)
My hubby's my best friend and we've been through a lot.... But it gets better everyday and I wouldn't want to do this whole "life" thing with anyone else! :)

Quoting poshkat:

We will be married for 9 years in September and honestly it's only gotten better. If you work at it it's not hard. I think you have to have a friendship too. Nobody else makes me laugh like my husband. We can sit in silence next to each other and not say anything and we're both comfortable with that. We make it work. We have completely different tastes in music, movies and everything else, but we both make an effort to learn about what the other one likes.

You have to find what works for you two. Luckily we have his parents to look up to and learn from and get advice from when we need it. You can't model your life on some image of what you think a great marriage is. You just have to do your thing .

I am extremely upright and Dh is very laid back. This afternoon he was in one of the kids tube things trying to get the cat into it, i told him to quit fooling around and his mother reminded me that he's just having fun and to let him be a kid sometimes. Gotta give and take, otherwise it can fall to pieces

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)