Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Total crap!

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 29 Replies

So, I put a post here a few days about about a rant I went on with my sister's baby shower I was supposed to go to today - and my dumba** actually got up, feeling disgustingly sick, and went - what a complete waste of time. Ever have those times where your conscience takes hold of you and irregardless of what others advise you to do, you do the exact opposite? Yep, that'd be be.

First off, I left here in plenty of time, but I hit an accident and then major traffice - what should've only taken me an hour and 20 minutes to get to my aunt's house took me 2 hours and 20 minutes - absolutely ridiculous! Then, of course I got there late, and my MIL was there (ugh) and my sister walked up and gave me a hug and said hello, but that was the only thing she said to me while I was there. I got there at 1:30pm.

My MIL - I totally went out of my way to steer clear of her. I was talking to my 2 aunts, my stepmom, and my 2 cousins, and were having a really nice time. I had enough Vicodine and Xanex in me to choke a horse, but at least I wasn't hurting quite so badly. We all had lunch, and my uncle was getting ready to leave, and asked me if I thought he should take my grandpa with him - I told him sure!!! He walked over and was talking to grandpa and grandma, and I patted my uncle on the back and told him "you guys go have a good time" and my MIL stuck her nose in a conversation where it didn't belong (big shocker there!) and got all over me and said very loudly "YOU DIDN'T HEAR THE BEGINNING OF THE CONVERSATION, BACK OUT OF IT AND LEAVE THEM ALONE"...I was soooo taken aback by it, and I told my uncle and grandpa "have a good time guys" and as I walked away, my MIL said "you need to stay out of this, it doesn't concern you" and I looked her square in the face and said "you know, all I'm doing is telling them to have a good time and grandpa SHOULD go hang out with his son and get out of here!" and she said "your grandfather needs to be somewhere he can sit down as he's very ill" and that was it! I raised my voice and said "YES, THEY ARE GOING TO THE PUB DOWN THE STREET, THAT HAS CHAIRS, AND AIR CONDITIONING, AND BIG SCREEN TV'S SO THEY CAN WATCH THE GAME! HE'LL BE FINE!" and she said "oh yea, well, I knew that"....whatever! Then, after grandpa left, I sat down in his chair (unfortunately it was way too close to my MIL) and my cousins and I were talking and she (MIL) overheard me say that my hubby and I are thinking of moving to Tennessee, and she gives off this horrific laugh and says "HA! This coming from someone who's never even BEEN to Tennessee!"....like she knows better than me! I'd had it! I walked away and was absolutely done!

Adding insult to injury was simple - I got a new iPhone 4 that I have no idea how to use - and my hubby was home making ribs and sent me a text picture of it - I sent him a message back saying how awesome it was, and then I sent him another one saying how I was avoiding his mom and my sister and how his mom was being rude to me and my sister was basically ignoring me...what I wasn't aware of is that this message was sent to all 5 people my hubby sent the original text to....WHICH INCLUDED MY FIL...who was sitting in his car waiting for my MIL outside of the baby shower!!!! Seriously?!? I was mortified, but then after talking to my hubby, he said that she needs to know how I feel and she shouldn't have talked to me the way she did and he's getting sick of her attitude and how she walks all over my FIL and treats me.

I decided to leave the baby shower at 4pm, I was getting sick again, and when I walked outside, my FIL was there, he drove me to where my car was parked, and we had a chat about people that are rude and people that annoy us - I know he got the text I sent on accident, and I know he knew what I was talking about...but nothing directly was said. Anyway, then I got to sit in 2 hours of traffic just to get home. Complete waste of my day!

When I got home, hubby had spent all day making some KILLER ribs - I mean, ridiculously awesome ribs - I'll never go to another restaurant for ribs again kind of awesome! Then he tells me that he called his dad to talk to his dad about the motorhome, and all of the sudden his mom pipes in "Stephanie left and didn't even bother to tell me she was leaving"....and Brian said that the attitude in her voice was absolutely ridiculous!!! I told Brian that I wondered if his dad mentioned the text to her and maybe she was pissed about that? I don't know, but my initial "OMG" guilt of the text turned into a "oh well" mentality after discussing it with my hubby at great length.

Anyway, that was my exciting day in a nutshell - just thought that since so many of you replied to my original post the other day, that I'd update you as to how today went.

I almost feel like you gals are my family - I come here to vent, chat, get help, give help, hang out, and y'all are the best! Kind of like having extended sisters!!  ;)

Hope you all had a great Saturday!  :)

NOBODY EVER GOT AHEAD BY SITTING ON THEIR BEHIND!!

ONE HAPPILY MARRIED MOMMY!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:21 AM
3 moms liked this

Wow!!  Sounds like your MIL really needs a hobby huh?

Adamswifeypoo08
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:26 AM
1 mom liked this

im still trying to get the whole tennessee thing...just because you've never been to a state means you cant move there? Thats confusing lol

mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Did we some how get the same MIL?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steffers96
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:27 AM

Oh she has a hobby - it's called "making my life miserable"...oh, and she's a camera junkie! I've actually told her to keep her damn camera out of my face because she's so annoying with it! I'm one of those people that don't like having pictures taken of myself, and especially when I'm eating, and she does it anyway. She's got to be the most annoying woman on the face of the planet.

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Wow!!  Sounds like your MIL really needs a hobby huh?

steffers96
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:27 AM

No way! You mean there's more than one crazy broad out there?!?!? Yikes!!! I feel sorry for ya!!!

Quoting mrssummerlin:

steffers96
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Yea, apparently if I've never been somewhere I'm not allowed to live there?? I dunno. We watch a LOT of Travel Channel and we're online a lot researching different places in Tennessee, and since my hubby has a job in which he can transfer, we're really looking into Tennessee, but I think she's just pissed off because if we move, she won't be able to follow us - and that's just her biggest gripe - tht she can't follow us - when we made the move out of the city, they had to follow us - when we made the move to the desert, she flipped out because she was no longer right around the corner - and today her little smarta** comment was nothing more to me than her acting like a whiney child not able to get her way. I no longer regret the texts that went out today about her. At first I was really upset about it - but after talking to my hubby - he said "SHE'S FREAKIN CRAZY! I'M GLAD THAT TEXT WENT TO MY DAD CUZ MAYBE HE'LL TELL HER SHE'S A FREAK AND SHOULDN'T HAVE TALKED TO YOU THE WAY SHE DID!!!"....but he and I both know that won't happen. We've had issues with this woman since our son was born in 2008 and not once, NOT ONCE, has either my hubby or my FIL went "toe to toe" with my MIL and told her where to shove it - but I spent 3 hours sending an email to her telling her where to stick it, we were done, and we didn't talk for about 3 months - and I'm good with that. I have to see her next month for our son's birthday, and after that, I don't have to see her again until October when it's my husband's birthday. Right now we're discussing the holidays - I don't want to be around with her - I can't do it anymore - my nerves just aren't cutting it right now......

Quoting Adamswifeypoo08:

im still trying to get the whole tennessee thing...just because you've never been to a state means you cant move there? Thats confusing lol

mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep.

Mine likes to lie right to my face and successfully UNpotty trained my DD TWICE because "she's to young". Ugh!

Oh, and if you all move to east TN (like Knox area) let e know. I love meeting new people. :)

Quoting steffers96:

No way! You mean there's more than one crazy broad out there?!?!? Yikes!!! I feel sorry for ya!!!

Quoting mrssummerlin:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dakotafriend
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, this sounds like the wedding shower I went to and I was bashed by my cousin on my hubby's side and his aunt. All over some family drama that happened 14 years ago but then they decided I should be the new target. Me and my hubby have nothing to do with them anymore. The aunt sent me an email where her one daughter called me stuckup and a stupid b*tch and the other daughter called me a f-ing c*nt. them be fighting words!! And then his aunt emailed my hubby to tell him that I was a sick, manipulative liar and I should get help right away. And bashed my hubby's whole family including his mom. Loved that she emailed all this so I printed it all out and shared it with my hubby's family who have been great to me. Now aunt and her two obnoxious daughters, she said I was unclassy, hello your daughter's used some pretty unclassy language, are unwelcomed by my hubby and all his family. And now they Facebook bash me because everyone took my side and not theirs. Oh well. No loss there
Sarcasimom
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow. I didn't read your original post but it sounds like mil is a real pain in the ass! 

At least your hubby knows and understands. It could be a lot worse if he sided with her! 

steffers96
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:36 PM
I know right?!? Thankfully he does - but it's taken 20 years so...I guess better late than never! ;)

Quoting Sarcasimom:

Wow. I didn't read your original post but it sounds like mil is a real pain in the ass! 

At least your hubby knows and understands. It could be a lot worse if he sided with her! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)