Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would you have an open marriage?

Posted by   + Show Post
Would you have an open marriage? Why or why not?
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 8:09 AM
Replies (41-50):
mrsalaboosi3
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Quoting Anryan:

and I don't care if u live with a man for 150 years, your still gonna be just boyfriend and girlfriend. You can't compare such a thing to a marriage. A marriage is an arrangement you made in front of God.
Anryan
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:08 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting mrsalaboosi3:

Quoting Anryan:

you've missed the whole point of what I said. Tell me, what's is the point of being married if your gonna have partners outside of that?   I stay married because i love my husband and again it is a SYMBOL of love, it doesn't make my relationship what it is or isn't.
Stay single and bebwith your men. That's why the world is fucked up now. Instead of keeping the original arrangement of marriage, people likebyou destroy it by adding your own version or spin on marriage. Marriage is 2, man and wife. You can add to it and you can't take away from it. You defeated the whole point of marriage with your shenanigans. Its quite ridiculous and sad. and I hope to God you don't reproduce. Why bring kids into such a messed up relationship, so they can grow up with more problems to bring to the world. Such a shame!!!  I am fairly certain that there are much worse things "fucking up the world" then me having more than one partner.  Things like crime, poverty and child abuse.  Have you looked at the statistics for monogamy these days?  50% end in divorce, that is always good for children don't you think?  How about women staying with men and being miserable just for thier kids, again, that is awesome!!!  How about women staying with abusive men "because they can change them" and thier kids watch? Oh how grand is that!  I am fairly certain that those things are going end up "fucking up the world" a whole lot worse.    Do i have children?  Yes i do, i have 4 kids.  All of them are well adjusted, polite and respectful to everyone, even those who wish to force thier views on them.  I have heard my 18 yr old tell someone "i am glad that you have your views, they are different then mine, and it is nice to see someones point of view. thank you for sharing"...that seems like a messed up kid for sure.  Or my 12 yr old saying "why does it matter what gender someone is, if you love them why can't you marry them"...oh ya that is really messed up, therapy for sure with that one don't ya think?
Is this snarky? Of course it is.  I am not looking to debate who is right, who is wrong.  So, it's simple. We see things differently, that is all well and good. The difference is i don't tell you that your messed up, or ruining people's lives because your monogamous, or christian, or what have you.  And to further solidify your opinion that i am a horrible person, no i am not christian and i do not believe nor follow your "god" and his teachings...again does this make me a bad person, probably to you but in the end i have the right to view things as i view them just as you do.  I have the right to my thoughts, opinions and actions.  I just choose to treat others as individuals and respect that they live thier lives differently and can be great people. 

Anryan
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

so adam and eve weren't married, are they just boyfriend and girlfriend cause i don't remember any flowers and pretty words....

again we agree to disagree, no harm no foul

Quoting mrsalaboosi3:

Quoting Anryan:

and I don't care if u live with a man for 150 years, your still gonna be just boyfriend and girlfriend. You can't compare such a thing to a marriage. A marriage is an arrangement you made in front of God.

smenjivar
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Heeeeeeelllllll NO, I couldn't stand seeing my dh with anyone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ruby_jewel_04
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:13 PM

INope. I never get enough attention from DH as it is. I sure as hell ain't gonna share him. LMAO.....

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:20 PM
No. I don't like to share :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
violetteseyes
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:23 PM

depends..we always say if we had the chance we would have three some with another girl...but sperately no never

Gmgej
by Michele on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:25 PM

No because marriage is between two people.

rfhsure
by Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

No, it defeats the point of marriage. If you're interested in polyamory and having multiple partners, cool, to each their own. but an open marriage? What even is that? the whole idea behind marriage is commiting to one and only one person because your love is that strong and you don't want to be with anyone else but them. If you married on those grounds and then change your mind, you shouldn't have gotten married in the first place. Open relationship whatever, but open marriage is a complete contradiction of what marriage is supposed to be.

violetteseyes
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:25 PM
4 moms liked this

your worng love is for ever love is what makes you husband and wife. marriage is just a title and a piece of paper that makes it legal. its what is in your heart that makes you say this is the person im going to be with for the rest of my life. not some peice of paper thats going to cost you thousands of dollars.

Quoting mrsalaboosi3:

Quoting Anryan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)