Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would you have an open marriage?

Posted by   + Show Post
Would you have an open marriage? Why or why not?
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 8:09 AM
Replies (21-30):
mommy2angels427
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 9:11 AM

no, it's not right for us... but if it is for others, more power to them!

Anryan
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 10:12 AM
8 moms liked this
YES. I am polyamorous. I have a DH and an SO (Another man) and DH has an SO as well (another woman). We do it because we have the capacity to love more than one person without taking something from the other. It has nothing to do with being perverted sex fiends, were not. It isn't about "forsaking our vows", our vows are just as important as anyone elses (and it doesn't say anything in them about forsaking others, etc lol). Its about love, commitment and respect. Humans have a grEat capacity for love...its what allows us to love our children, friends and siblings equally..as well as additioanal partners.

We are what is known as polyfidelous which means we aren't seeking any other people just the current relationships we have. There is never any group sex or threesomes.

Most all of u know all this already tho lol

Anryan

by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 10:44 AM
That would be a no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hippiechick4812
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 10:55 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm poly as well. I've seen poly go very bad & also go very well. Not much different than monogamy when it comes down t it. I absolutely believe that some people are fully capable of feeling romantic love for more than one person at a time.
raegan1221
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Nope..because I believe in the tradition of marriage between just two people. Going outside the marriage is cheating to me.

fostermomoftwo
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

why would i need one and why would i want one? Im so in love with my hubby, i dont even wanna look at other guys. I am completely fullfilled in everyway.

CandiceDanielle
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:44 AM
No, it's not for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsalaboosi3
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:48 AM
No. It defeats the whole purpose of marriage. Stay single if you still wanna screw around.
1CrazyCajun
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:49 AM

No. A marriage is between two people. It's that the point? to make a commitment between each other? If you have a need to have sex with others or want to bring other people into your relationship, then you don't need to be married at all.

If you have kids and one day they find out that mommy and daddy have sex with ohters, do you think it will screw their views on marriage?

¸¸Mainstream Moms¸¸ Yep, it's a label. Come join the normal side of parenting. No AP Please.

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Nope!  Our marriage is between the two of us and the two of us only.  If we wanted the option of being with other people we wouldn't have gotten married. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN