Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would you have an open marriage?

Posted by   + Show Post
Would you have an open marriage? Why or why not?
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 8:09 AM
Replies (31-40):
momto3bs
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:50 AM
No I couldnt. I dont want to share.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsalaboosi3
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anryan:

YES. I am polyamorous. I have a DH and an SO (Another man) and DH has an SO as well (another woman). We do it because we have the capacity to love more than one person without taking something from the other. It has nothing to do with being perverted sex fiends, were not. It isn't about "forsaking our vows", our vows are just as important as anyone elses (and it doesn't say anything in them about forsaking others, etc lol). Its about love, commitment and respect. Humans have a grEat capacity for love...its what allows us to love our children, friends and siblings equally..as well as additioanal partners.

We are what is known as polyfidelous which means we aren't seeking any other people just the current relationships we have. There is never any group sex or threesomes.

Most all of u know all this already tho lol

Anryan

your vows said you will love, honor and respect one another and not let any person come between each other. Meaning extramarital affairs. If your gonna lead that lifestyle what's the point of being married. Marriage is between TWO people, a man and women. No one else. By adding people in your marriage your destroying the sanctity and sacredness of it. Makes no sense.
ChrissyReznor
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:53 AM
That's a big NO. I got married because I only wanted him forever and he did the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyto3bees
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:31 PM
No I want him for me only and me for him only
HopefulMommy89
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Quoting MooreBoysMama:

Nope. Never. Marriage is just between DH & I.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smcclure2005
by Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:35 PM

No. not something I would even consider. I do not play well with others and there are certain things I do not like to lend out or share and my man is one of them...and in my opinion it would also open the doors for issues within our relationship. But that is just me and my opinion.

mamacalifornia
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:40 PM

No I wouldn't. I believe marriage is between two people & bringing anyone else into that is counterproductive to the relationship.

Anryan
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:45 PM
4 moms liked this
Quoting mrsalaboosi3:

U don't know what my vows said but regardless of that I do love, honor and respect the men in my life. Marriage is a commitment and I am completely committed to them both. Why do I feel the need to be married to one and have a commitment ceremony with the other? Because they are beautiful, SYMBOLIC, events....if someone lives with a man for 50 yrs but doesn't get married is she not loving, honoring and respecting him even tho she didn't say ot all dressed up...no she is all those things no ceremony makes those things true...the ceremony is to say "come celebrate our love with us".

To say I don't honor, love and respect my men is unjustified since u don't know us. To say ur marriage is any stronger, or weaker, is invalid because again you don't know us.

Everyone has their own thoughts, ideals and beliefs....no one's belief system is any more right or wrong then someone elses. We are all humans...thats about where we can stop comparing wrong or right...

Anryan

mrsalaboosi3
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anryan:

you've missed the whole point of what I said. Tell me, what's is the point of being married if your gonna have partners outside of that? Stay single and bebwith your men. That's why the world is fucked up now. Instead of keeping the original arrangement of marriage, people likebyou destroy it by adding your own version or spin on marriage. Marriage is 2, man and wife. You can add to it and you can't take away from it. You defeated the whole point of marriage with your shenanigans. Its quite ridiculous and sad. and I hope to God you don't reproduce. Why bring kids into such a messed up relationship, so they can grow up with more problems to bring to the world. Such a shame!!!
timswife_momof2
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:55 PM

no i wouldnt because that is just an exscuse for cheating. but whatever works for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)