Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

it wont be like this for long *update*

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:32 PM
  • 52 Replies
At least thts what I keep telling myself... I just had my son 2 wks ago and its been tough I'm fighting ppd. My SO is always to tired to help which is cool I understand that but why get mad that I breastfeed and it takes his chance to bond with our son? Aren't there other ways to bond? Of course there is but he won't take them he is to stuck on his own Shit and everytime I ask him for help he looks annoyed he very well might not be but I see a flicker of annoyment in his eyes that it makes me not wanna ask for help. Like earlier I fed the baby and told him all he had to do was burp and change him then he will relax for a but before falling asleep... I go to take my shower and all I hear is him cussing and telling the baby to stop crying so naturally I rush through my shower step out grab the baby burp him and change him and BAM stops crying... Well my SO is mad at me and started saying tht I spoil the baby and he doesn't want to pick him up and make him spoiled cause I'm already well on my way of doing so... Well I guess long story short we aren't speaking to each other cause he says I dnt want him to bond with the baby and I never give him a chance but I told him everytime I leave him alone he is either too occupied with his phone or getting irritated cause the baby is fussy... Sorry so long just needed the vent

*update*
First off thank you to all the ladies and your support, my SO and decided that I will pump so he can feed our son every other feeding but I told him so that he can get some sleep throughout the week the midnight feedings will be breast he is thankful and is still saying I spoil him but he says he understands why cause he caught himself doing the same thing I do when Sebastian cries and I told him tht is not spoiling its our parental instinct kicking into gear...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauriebash
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this

He cusses at a 2 week old baby for being fussy? Wow, maybe bonding isn't such a good idea? Well, maybe not bonding alone?

waterlily89
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Yea apparently I dnt know all the stresses he has to carry as the only one working O.o he wanted me to stay home cause of our boys and whatnot (we have 4 boys) I swear maybe he has more severe ppd than I do is that possible

Quoting lauriebash:

He cusses at a 2 week old baby for being fussy? Wow, maybe bonding isn't such a good idea? Well, maybe not bonding alone?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauriebash
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I am so sorry he is like that. My husband wanted me to stay home with our boys, too. He never once complained about being the only one working, and certainly not about me breast feeding! It's a shame that he can't see how difficult it is for you being home with the boys.

Makes you kind of wish he could breast feed so you could leave him at home with the boys for the day, just so he can see what your going through. At least he gets to LEAVE work at the end of his day!

Sorry, mom.

Quoting waterlily89:

Yea apparently I dnt know all the stresses he has to carry as the only one working O.o he wanted me to stay home cause of our boys and whatnot (we have 4 boys) I swear maybe he has more severe ppd than I do is that possible

Quoting lauriebash:

waterlily89
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM
I just thanked him for doing the dishes and he responded with he Kent talking to me so here I am in my room with my son crying my frustration out, and feeling like a Fuck up and thinking of how I'm spoiling my son so he will stop bitching about that..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommy51006
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:59 PM
That sounds bad... I'm sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waterlily89
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:59 PM
He is supportive of the breast feeding and tells me he wants me to do it as long as I can but he complains cause I am not letting him bond with the baby, idk how else to give him opportunities and you're right it would be nice if men could breastfeed lol

Quoting lauriebash:

I am so sorry he is like that. My husband wanted me to stay home with our boys, too. He never once complained about being the only one working, and certainly not about me breast feeding! It's a shame that he can't see how difficult it is for you being home with the boys.

Makes you kind of wish he could breast feed so you could leave him at home with the boys for the day, just so he can see what your going through. At least he gets to LEAVE work at the end of his day!

Sorry, mom.

Quoting waterlily89:

Quoting lauriebash:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waterlily89
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:01 AM
It's ok thugs happen for a reason I'm just trying to figure out how I spoil him too much...

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gmgej
by Michele on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Are you kidding me? You dh is being a dick, your child is TWO WEEKS OLD, it is called caring for him, not spoiling him. Your dh sounds pissy because he doesn't know what to do.

Quoting waterlily89:

It's ok thugs happen for a reason I'm just trying to figure out how I spoil him too much...

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

MamaCat1121
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Tell him to put his big boy pants on and grow up. Don't let him bring you down.
I'm sorry I raised my oldest ds by myself since he was a month old....he's five now.....it sucked at times but enjoy your baby. He will find other ways to bond with him....if he doesn't wanna talk to you then let him throw his tantrum.

Your doing great mama don't allow him to make you think otherwise....hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waterlily89
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)