Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

AGE GAPS...HOWS IT WORKIN FOR YA?

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok so I am going on 23 an dmy child's father/boyfriend is just now 43 (last week). My question is, does anyone else relate to me with such an age gap difference and does it seem to work out fine for u? I really enjoy having an older man but i get so much grief from people about it. my childs grandparents aand dad are like the same age...ha ha. I am truly happy with him but i'd just like to hear other's points of views about the situation and how's it working for u or did it fail?

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Replies (41-50):
baileymarie723
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:01 AM
DH and I are 5 1/2 yrs apart, so not as big as you and your boyfriend, but still a gap. It works well for for us. I don't think I could be with someone who was 20 years older than me only because it would almost feel like I was with someone who could be my dad, but if it works for you that is great I definately wouldn't give anyone flak for finding someone they can be happy with even if there is a big age gap. Love is love.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
omamabean
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:08 AM
DH is 10 years older and we've been married for 15 years. We were 30 and 40 when we got married and I think there were some concerns that I was younger (at 30? Haha!) but we've done really well and there's no "age" issue at all. As we get older, though, I get worried about his health and he worries that he won't be around for our girls (10 and 12) as they grow up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Married 7 years to my husband who is 14 years older.
Working out well.
We are 26 and 40 now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purple899
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:10 AM
I am 32 my husband is 28
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baby4at38
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:15 AM

My parents are 13 years apart....they have been married for 47 years....They have made it work....I don't ever recall thier age difference being a problem.

little.worthen
by Tessie on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:17 AM
My husband is only 4 months older than me.. The gap is nice, it suits us. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pattigirl36
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:19 AM

age is not just a number!!! when he is 60 and getting sick who wants to be there taking care of an older person ? A few yrs maybe but thats a big age difference and right now you maybe in the phases of I love him whats 20 years going to bring. Pluse like you said they think its your dad because he is old enough to be. Men who go with girls that young are just looking to recapture they're youth and its not going to happen. Just saying but it is your decision!

HopefulMommy89
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Same here, except DH and I are 15 months apart. I can't even imagine being with someone that much older than me; I can't imagine that we'd have anything in common, being in two totally different places in our lives. But if it works for you, more power to you

Quoting MandyBear0341:

Um, I am not in your position at all. Dh and I are only 5 months apart....

BUT imho, I think your age gap is really weird... but, if you guys are happy, who am I to judge you... ya know? Dont let other people get in your head. Age really is just a number (once you are legal lol)..... 

Good luck!! I hope it does work for you!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prdmama1154
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:59 AM
It's not working. At all. He's 44, I'm 28 and we've been together for eight years. In that time, I did a lot of growing up, he did not. I'm realizing that if he hasn't grown up by now then he never will. He needs someone who loves getting hammered every night. When I was younger I thought these traits were cool and fun but as I grew up and out of the irresponsible and reckless part of my life, he remained. I should have seen it back then but i didn't.
I'm considering leaving him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cassandra1984
by Cassandra on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:19 PM

My husband is 36 and I'm 27. I like our age gap.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)