Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

On wedding day > what ring do you wear?

Posted by   + Show Post
So do you walk down the aisle w your engagement ring on and he takes it off to put the wedding band on or you wear no ring at all and he only slips on the band? And after during reception do you only wear the band or wear both rings? I'm confused!! Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Replies (21-30):
Jstoddard98
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:54 PM

You wear the engagement ring on your right hand during the ceremony and then switch it over once you are married.  

JessicaN27
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't have an engagement ring, because I'm the one who proposed. But what we did was I put the wedding ring on my SO in addition to the engagement ring

MandyBear0341
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:07 PM

I walked down the aisle without my engagement ring. Then right after the ceremony, I put it on top of my wedding band.

liz.1986
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 2:25 AM

I wore my engagment ring. He took my engagment ring off, slipped on my wedding band, then put my engagment ring back on.

MamaSarah1104
by Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 2:35 AM
I wore my engagement ring and then after the ceremony I switched it to be in front of my wedding band.,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samanthabecker
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:23 PM
We couldn't find anything to match my engagement ring so we bought a whole new set. I wear my engagement ring on my right hand and my wedding set on my left.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unsuspected
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:33 PM

When we first said I Do we didn't have a ceremony at all I thin he pulled the weeding BAND out of his pocket.  

For our vow renewal, first ceremony, I walked down the aisle wearing my rings and we didn't do an exchange of rings, felt silly to take them off just to put them back on.  

mommaG11
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 2:07 PM

I gave my engagement ring to my father before we walked down the aisle.  After the ceremony my parents were the first to great us he gave me the ring back so I could put it back on.

RaLeighsMommy11
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 2:08 PM
This

Quoting violetteseyes:

what i did was i took my engagement ring off and put it on my right ring finger, that was after the wedding all i had to do was slip it from my right hand onto my left :) Congrats!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaXRandi
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I am a wedding planner and have seen brides do lots of different things with their rings, but if you want the advice I give:
Wear your engagement ring on the left hand (as you have been) for pictures. 
Then just before you walk down the isle, switch it to the right hand (hopefully it fits!).
Your groom will put your wedding band on your left hand
Right after ceremony, you put your engagement ring back on, on top of your wedding band. 
Tradition states that the wedding band goes on the bottom because its closest to your heart.

Randi
Wife to Ryan ~ Mama to Jax (4)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN