Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Im still so upset and hurt.

Posted by   + Show Post

I posted last night about hubby getting angry at me because our son has blue eyes and "looks nothing like" hubby.
Here is a baby pic of hubby. Im mobile so Im going to comment with a pic of me as a baby and a pic of Markus. I'll post a recent pic of hubby too. Im so upset about what has been happening lately.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Replies (41-50):
SuperMom2433
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 4:35 PM
No the making up doesn't happen after every argument. We try not to go to bed angry and that doesn't happen very often.

Quoting Momof5kids84:

Is this common? The fighting and then making up? If so, the making up part must be beginning to get old because it doesn't last. I don't blame you for thinking about divorce. He could still be a good man if he would get counseling.

Quoting SuperMom2433:

I just don't know what's going thru hubbys head. I honestly can't figure it out. There has to be something Im not seeing it reading into. Our whole relationship (9 years, 7.5 years married) I have never thought of us being apart. This past week divorce has crossed my mind and I hate it! Its not what I want but I also don't want what I've had this past week. I really feel unloved and somewhat alone. Last night we made up and he was so passionate and loving that I wonder if that was his way of apologizing. I don't know but Im just not happy and Im normally a happy, easy going person.

Quoting -mrs.mamma-:

I really can't fathom why he would be doing and saying those things.. both to you and your son. that's not right Momma & the issue with your son should definitely be addressed. he's an innocent child. and that kind of treatment I couldn't even think twice about tolerating

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vtmommyof2bratz
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:39 AM

not all kids have both parents traits - my 2 sisters born 7 years apart could be identical twins and they look like our sperm donor but i'm the middle child and i only look like my mom

starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Explain to his ass how gettin.g features works...if you carry a trait for light eyes and so does dh even tho you both don't have light eyes the baby can still get it! What a ass...my sister is the only one in our family with light eyes everyone else has dark brown
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suetoo
by Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:49 AM
You need to get a DNA test ASAP and marriage counseling. No husband should ever treat his wife as disrespectfully as you are being treated. Good luck. You deserve better. And so does your son. Do you want him growing up with a "dad" who thinks he is someone else's bastard?
ajb2750
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:26 AM

My parents both have black hair and dark brown eyes and olive skin. My siblings and I all popped out with white blonde hair and blue eyes. You can't tell the paternity of a child by looking at it. I had some really pathetic days on bed rest where I actually watched those Maury shows, and it's weird how they'll show a kid and you're thinking, "Oh, that baby is SO his" and then it isn't, and vice versa. Is he accusing you of lying to him about the paternity, is that what the issue is? If so, they have DNA test at every drugstore now. You have to send them in and pay of course, but if it would put his mind at rest....As an added note, from what I've seen, if a man starts saying "the kid isn't his" our of nowhere, it's usually because he is wanting out and trying to convince himself that's the case because in his mind, it's justification....

minimoo
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:34 AM
My bff is pregnant w #9. Both she and dh have dark, dark hair and dark brown eyes and both families have the same.. All of the kids do too except #7 who has a dark brown hair and blue eyes. She didn't cheat and they haven't figured out where it came from (obviously one of their relatives had lighter hair and someone had blue eyes). I have another friend who's blonde, hubby is brunette, 3 kids, oldest has brown hair, youngest has very blonde and the middle is a complete Ginger. Genetics are funny :-)

Quoting Momof5kids84:

Cute baby. Genetics are a funny thing. Did you cheat on your hubby or something? I think that it is weird for it to come out of left field.

Our newest edition looks nothing like hubby. He looks exactly like me. Also, my hubby has blue eyes and I have brown eyes, but my

16 month old has hazel/green eyes. Where did that come from? Who knows. He is most definitely my DH's though. He's the only one that I've been with for almost 9 yrs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Acid
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:23 AM

My youngest has blue eyes and blond hair.  Both my husband and myself have dark eyes and hair.

Genetics are funny things...it just so happens that my daughter takes after her great grandfather.

Melina74
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 1:38 PM
My mom has brown hair and green eyes. My Dad has almost black hair and hazel eyes. Me and my sisters are all blond haired and blue eyed.

Get a DNA test at the drug store. Tell him after the results prove the boy is his, he has to go to counseling with you. He's being an ass and doing permanent damage to your marriage, as well as th relationship with his son.
mairin8
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:35 PM

First off the baby looks like your hubby. Secondly my Dad had hazel eyes and my Mom has blue eyes, but my oldest sister and I (the youngest) both have brown eyes.. Genetics are a funny thing.. yeah sure you get most of them from your parents, but you can also get some reccessive ones from your grand parents or your great grand parents.. so tell hubby to lighten up.. 

PinkieRed
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:39 PM

I have 4 bio siblings, all same mother and father, and the 5 of us all look different.

We have red, brown, black, and blonde hair, and eyes ranging from green, to hazel, to light brown, to dark brown. We have different hair textures  too - some wavy, some curly, some straight. One of my older sisters is tiny, just always naturally thin, while my youngest sister and I have always been heavier. I'm 5"0, my oldest brother is 6"0.

My dad was Italian, with a ruddy complexion, jet black hair, and dark brown eyes. My youngest sister is pale, naturally blonde haired, and had blue eyes that turned green when she was a teenager. My mother has hazel eyes. Who knows where the blue/green eyes came from? Maybe a distant relative.

It's not that unusual for kids to come out not looking like one or either parent, nor for siblings with the same bio parents to look different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN