Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How many dresses did you try on, before you picked your wedding dress?

Posted by   + Show Post

Just wondering, how long it took to finally pick out your wedding dress.

Post pictures of your wedding dress if you like, I would love to see them!!!!

by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Replies (31-40):
Bigmetalchicken
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:41 PM

The first one I tried on, I said, "This will do". I hate clothes shopping, I hate spending money, and I hate weddings, so I was not exactly thrilled with having to combine them.

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 9:54 PM
I tried on two dresses, one at a thrift shop and one in the prom department, when I realized that I wouldn't be able to buy a dress that would fit and could afford. DH's cousin made my dress. I paid $83 for the material and the labor was her gift.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aesexton09
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I probably tried on about 30, all from the same store. I thought I knew going in exactly what I wanted, but I had a really nice consultant who didnt rush me so I tried on all different styles.

jacquih1126
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:40 AM

sPiCyNiNjAkItTy
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I tried on maybe 10 dresses.

MomofJaR
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:26 AM
2 moms liked this

I tired on 4 and the 5th one was "the one"  Everytime I put it on I did not want to take it off, I hated the alteration process because she kept making me try it on and leave it, I got married 2 weeks ago today and now i am ever so depressed that it is just haning in a bag in my closet  :(  Maybe one night I'll just put it on and prance around and see what the husband thinks of it hahaha....

RockinMama0608
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM

It was dress number 3.  Once I put it on, I knew it was the one  :)

LolaLoves
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Looked online for weeks looking for that dress that was my dress!!! I am not a rainbows and butterflies kind of woman I wanted something unique that matched my personality. I thought bohemian, but most were messy looking. I went for a beach look. Loved it!

heavenlybliss19
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I think only 3.  I tried on a traditional dress or two then settled on the one I truly loved - a simple summer dress.

StevensCare4u
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I knew what dress I wanted for a long time, even before I met DH. But I probally tried on 5 others, but none was like the one I wanted. I got my favorite dress! However the color changed from when I first picked it out. I wanted a red dress with black accents but that changed to white with red accents!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN