Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I'm curious as to what 'rule(s)' you and your Husband set when you got married.

Ours is:

NEVER say you want a divorce no matter how mad you are unless you mean it.

by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (61-70):
Bubbie0809
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Divorce/separation is not an option. 

Love, respect, faithfulness - all the normal stuff marriage should mean, but I think that is a given in our relationship. 

SalemWitchChild
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Same. Dh always calls it the "D" word. He never even wants to hear it. lol.

Other rules of ours.

Never ever fight (as in shouting, name calling etc..) It is disrespectful and we believe damages our children's feeling of safety in the home. We both grew up with parents who shouted at each other. We talk like adults. No name calling or other drama.

In matters of large purchases ($100 or over) we must speak to one another and agree to spend the $ before we make the purchase.

Quoting Aesexton09:

I'm curious as to what 'rule(s)' you and your Husband set when you got married.

Ours is:

NEVER say you want a divorce no matter how mad you are unless you mean it.

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 5:43 PM
More like guidelines...

Neither of us are mind readers, if you don't say it don't expect the other person to know it.

Jealousy is a waste of time and energy. Acting jealous won't stop the other person from doing what they want to do and everything done in the dark eventually comes to light.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Colleen86
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 5:46 PM

that is one of ours also

Mamazee73
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:32 PM
I got in trouble for this lately! Big time! My sister put on his shirt and i made her take it off. It crossed a line for me. Probably wouldn't have so much if a whole bunch of other things happened that day, but that's something buggy for me. Dh is careful about not being alone with women (he is a principal and there are certainly all sorts!). Billy Graham used to never even be alone with a woman in an elevator... Anyway, my sister isn't talking to me now.
Sharkgirl7
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I have this ex friend that would CONSTANTLY say "He's pissing me off, if he doesn't change his attitude, I'm leaving him" or something similar over the STUPIDEST things!

Coming from someone who HAS been divorced, this always annoyed me how nonchalant she was about it. Divorce is a big deal. It's not like a simple break up with your boyfriend.

superchick_47
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:44 PM
We have the no mention of divorce rule. We also agreed never to let a day go by without saying "I love you", and we always kiss goodnight.
deadlights86
by Emily on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:45 PM
None we're adults.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vwd_johnson
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:47 PM
No rules
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
F43L34
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I am not married but my boyfriend and I have been together with two very specific rules. We NEVER argue about money and we NEVER go to sleep mad at each other. If we are angry during the day, when we go to bed and talk and clear things up. We have a very solid relationship and have even started looking at homes (we are moving in about 50 days into a house). Your rule about the 'D' word is perfect!!! I will carry that on when we decide to get married.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN