Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

frustrated

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:30 PM
  • 9 Replies
Ok so my dh went in on a house with sil . Let me start with this. Sil has my dh and fil wrapped around her fingers. What she wants they give her or do for her and i can't stand it. She was given money from her father to open a business, he bought her a car and she has no monthly payment and now my husband gave her half the money to buy a house and there is no mortgage. She is never gonna learn to do anything on her own if they keep doing shit for her. It is frustrating for me because they have no respect for my feelings or anything I say. Dh will ask me my opinions or thoughts on things and than he totally dismisses what i say and does whatever he wants. We have our own house that we have a mortgage on and stuff needs to he done here. We had plans to do something this weekend without the kids but now they r cancelled because he is taking stuff to the bitched house and he didn't even tell me he was going. I figured it out when he started to pack last night. Grrrr..... I can't even take it anymore. This dumb bitch won't do anything for herself.
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
yzaguirre1986
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:13 PM

awww sorry to hear that hun! Ive learn not to say shit to my dh about his family! or give my opinions cuz at the end its his family n always going to win!!!

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Does he know how you feel?  I mean 100% absolute truth in how you feel (minus the name calling lol - 'cuz that leads no where LOL)??

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Have you tried to explain to him that enabling a person and doing everything for them is NOT truly helping them? That it makes them dependent on others and not INdependent and self sufficient? Ask him what is going to happen to his sister if something happens to him and his dad and then who is she going to turn to do everything for her if she doesnt know how to fend for herself?  Try showing him that he is hurting her (who he obviously deeply cares about her) and NOT helping her as much as he thinks and then maybe that will make him second guess all he is doing.

YVONNE

godsgirl26
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Girl i know how u feel. Except my husband don't do anything for his aunt anymore. Your sil is just like my husband aunt that supposed to be woman is a hot mess. I'm glad my husband stopped doing stuff for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondieof3kids
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Life is not going to change for you, your marriage and her because your DH and FIL are enablers until they break the cycle of enabling it aint going to change!

lpanama
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:11 PM
He knows how i feel but he doesn't care. He does what he wants when he wants. I have told him that they can't keep helping her all the time cause she will never learn. All he says is "that's what family is for". I have fallen down many times in my life and no one picked me up. I had to figure it put on my own. This dumb bitch gets picked up every time. There r times dh and fil say they r fed up with her bit than they still do it. Ugh.....
Daisyducc
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:12 AM
It's not her fault, but you are displacing your anger. She is acting the way your FIL and DH have always allowed her to act. You need to speak with your husband about putting you and your family first...if FIL wants to continue coddling his child, he can...but it's not your husbands responsibility. You need to talk to him specifically about asking you for your thoughts and then dismissing them with no explanation...that does not make for a solid marriage,
lpanama
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Did I mention that her and I don't get along? She has caused trouble while I was in the hospital having my oldest and middle daughters. With my oldest her and dh were talking on the phone in the hospital the day I was Lewis there and she was calling me a slob and this and that to the point dh was literally screaming at her on the hospital phone and kicked her out of my hpuse. With my second daughter I was in the hospital and she was at my house telling my daughter and husband what Alycia was going to keep, throw away and donate in her room. And told my dh that her room was a total mess and said " doesn't your wife do anything around here?" Right before I went in for my scheduled induction I cleaned Alycias room myself. Well that pissed dh off and it was yet another screaming match and he kicked her out.. she has told me numerous times that she was going to take my kids away from me.... Mind u she isn't married, has no kids and can barely take care of her own dogs. Her dogs have had fleas numerous of times really bad and didn't do anything about it..... Ok well I don't take comments like that lightly about my children. I have flipped on her each time...she is lucky she still has teeth... She is an inconsiderate person..does not care about anyone but herself. I will not do anything for the girl. I could really do without her in my life which is y I keep away if possible. I note my tongue when around her and put a fake smile on.
lpanama
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:24 AM
It is not ur fault by she should want to do things on her own and not depend on everyone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN