Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Tell Us Your Love Story?!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:09 AM
  • 25 Replies
How did you and DH meet and fall in love?!

I love our Love Story, its like a Movie :) But its long and I'm mobile right now so ill Share later. :)
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beeky
by Alexandra on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:25 AM
2 moms liked this

I met him at my aunt's house.  He was my cousin's best friend, problem was, my aunt's house was in England and I lived in Canada.

To make a long story short, after 10 months of snail mail, I moved to the UK and within 2 years, I married him.

24 years and 2 kids later, we're back in Canada and still going strong.

billssweety
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I was involved in a church youth group at a church my aunt whom I was living with required me to attend, I had only lived with her in a new town 3 hours from home for 3 months.  We had prayer meeting and someone asked for prayer for a guy named Bill who was with a girl he shouldn't be with, Wednesday 2/14 he broke up with her, the following Sunday, 2/18, he came to church.  I looked at him and thought "there's my husband", then promptly thought "What am I thinking?", about 2 weeks later we started dating, 6 weeks later we were engaged, a total of 5 months later we were married....2 1/2 years later we had our first child, another 17 month later our 2nd, 11 years later we adopted our boys.....we have been together a total of 22 years.

cafay
by Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:35 AM
2 moms liked this

We actually met when we were children and he lived across the street from me. He had a crush on my sister back then. But then he moved and I didn't see him for like 30 years. I often wondered what happened to the nice boy who lived across the street. Many yrs. later he was divorced and I had given up trying to find someone nice to spend my life with and then my Aunt and his mother convinced each one of us to give it one more try. We met in January married that July , and had a baby in December. And it's the best thing I've ever done. He's still the nice boy I remembered from across the street way back when.

Deannie1258
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Our love story began for me actually many years ago when we first moved to Mi.I was then with my bf at the time and Chuck lived near where we did.He saw that we needed help with our car one day and voluteered to work with then bf to fix it.I always thought how sweet and kind he was and i was crushed a year later when he announced that he was getting married.Through the years we remained friends and after a few years of living with my bf he became very abusive but i was to scared to live him so i stuck it out till one day out of the blue Chuck and i started texting each other lowe and behold he just divorced his wife over the same issue.It got so bad for him like me she hit him threw things at him etc.He had enough filed for divorce.We talked about my sistution he never knew how bad it really was.I was at my moms visiting at the time and was to return the next day. He told me if i ever needed a,place to go he had two spare rooms and we could use them anytime we needed too.When we arrived home he started up again only worse.Four days after getting back i called Chuck told him thr sistuation asked him if the offer stood for me and my daughter to stay there. He said pack up what u can leave while hes at work.The next day we packed what we could up had a,gf of mine take us to chucks house and now three years later we,have been married a year and i am so thankful that i listened to him and my daughter about getting out of that sistuation are i would never found the one true men i was meant to be with.We have had our struggles but we love each other and are happy together and going strong.hugs smiles Deannie
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fostermomoftwo
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

mine is alot like the notebook.

we spoke on the phone when i was at my friends house in high school, he wanted to meet me, i was a freshmen and shy, he was popular and a senior.

so the next morning my friends literally drug me over to him and introduced us. he literally stalked me down the halls, making me laugh the whole time until i said i would date him. he was different from all the other guys. he wasnt into getting sex, or showing off, he was humble, respectful and very courteous.

we fell in love, but he had to go away to basic training in the army, we stayed in touch the whole time, until a boy in my home town decide to start harrassing me to date him and telling me my bfriend was gonna be cheating on me like they always do. So after i spoke to my bfriend, and promising him that id never leave him, i did. i wrote a long 10 page letter making up things, thinking that he could do better than me anyways and that i was too young for finding my soul mate, right?

well i dated the guy i dumped my boyfriend for and ended up never hearing from him again, everytime i tried to locate him he was non existant, to deep into the S.F. so i figured that he had moved on...so i tried to move on and married that boy, we had a horrible marriage, he was abusive and it was hell.

i finally got a divorce as i located my first true love, 11 years went by....we met and the exact same feelings were there, i couldnt belive, theyve gotten even stronger than they were before. I got too choose from the exact same two doors again, god was like no this time dont make a stupid choice. lol. but i choose the other one, which has led to an incredible life, marriage, happiness and seems so surreal to have such an incredible man. he treated me like a queen back then and treats me like a queen now.

oh and i found out that he was going to propse to me when he got back from basic, he had already got me a ring :( also he named his guitar after me, hes band song that one battle of the bands in europe in '06 after me, kept all my letters, and i have all his still. He says i had his heart this whole time and he wasnt able to have emotions or feelings until we got back together, and that is what others have told me too, they are amazed.

lucky to have the best husband in the world

mamadola
by Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

In 2003 I came to Zambia working as a volunteer and met my dh while I was dating his friend.  We actually ended up hooking up and my boyfriend at the time didn't want to end it so we continue dating and I tried to forget about my dh.  I left Zambia at the end of 2004 and went back home.  Then in December 2005 I came to visit friends in Zambia and saw him, I was immediatly attracted again.  So we met up and started going on dates.  My flight ticket was for the end of January and I was heart broken. I had traveled all over the world and kept leaving wonderful men because I had to get back to my life states side.  So the day before I was supposed to leave I needed to take a bus to a bigger city, we booked the ticket, got on the bus and said our goodbyes.  I sat there crying and thinking why does this always happen to me.  Then the man seated next to me asked me what was wrong I told him I didn't want to go and he said stay.  As the bus began to push off I shouted "stop" and told the driver I wanted to get off.  The driver said he would not refund me the money and I said that I didn't care.  I got off the bus, they took out my things and I gave it to a street kid to take to my dh's office.  The boy walk much faster than me and my dh had not yet reached, he saw the street kid and thought he had stolen my bag, so proceeded to shout at the kid and try to grab the bag.  Then he saw me and since then we have been together, didn't go back to the states until I was preggy with our first and now we live in Zambia :)

redbutterfly666
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

i met df at disneyland when i was 15, i was there with my choir. everyone split into groups so i was with 4 of my friends, we jumped over to california adventure and went on the tower of terror, my df was on it before us. we get off and one of my friends is crying so we walk off to the side and wait until she calms down. after she was calm we started walking toward the hollywood sign replica and my df is standing there asking his friends to take his picture, they ignore him so i take it for him. and me and my friends walk away and go get ice cream, for the rest of the night i see him following us and sometimes i see him trying to work up the courage to walk up and talk to me, but he doesnt. on the last part of the night my choir had to sing, df is standing there with his friends. after that we didnt see eachother, then when i was 16 i found him on a then teen site called myyearbook(its a teen dating site now) we got together on my 17th birthday

purple899
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
We met at school I was in 5 grade him don't rerember but we did not get to together after high school in 2000 but it was2001 got pregant with our first then back in 2010 we got married we were together for 10 years before we got married
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SusieQue717
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I met my hubby in a gas station. He was working there, the graveyard ship, and I was coming back from a date. I stopped to buy a soda, he saw me through the window, and opened the door. He ate me up with his eyes and asked me if I wanted to come in, I said YES! I went in and we spent the whole night talking. He asked me if I was going to go the next night. I said of course! I went the next night, and we hung out again. That became a nightly ritual. I'd get off work, go hang out with him a few hours, then go home. We were together for 3 years when I got pregnant. I had our daughter in 2004. He got deported in 2005. I went to Nicaragua in 2005. I've been here ever sense. We've been together for 10 years, have two beautiful children.  

2ArfarasMom
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:20 PM
My dh and I met on MySpace. I had an application posted on my page for guys to fill out if they wanted to be my boyfriend, just something silly. Anyway he filled it out and sent me an email that said "I don't want to be your boyfriend but I filled out your application anyway." I ignored it, he emailed again, this time wanting to talk and get to know me. We talked via MySpace for a month until we met. 15 days later we moved in together. 3 years after that he proposed and 3 months after that we were married. We've now been together 6yrs and have 2 kids
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)