Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Jealousy .. I want to scream!

Posted by   + Show Post

I have got mad over my DH's jealousy before because I do nothing to make him jealous.  I have no interest in another and I hate being accused of stuff related to his insecurities.    (Last time I posted he was jealous over my daughters BFF (male 19).  I am 43!    

He comes in my office alot and today I have a new hire.  Along with other involved parties we are all discussing opportunities.   My DH sneaks out (really wasnt professional for him to be in the conversation) but texts me saying "you dont realize it but you were firting with that guy"   ... I was pissed.. told him "flirting is intentional so I am sure I would know if I did and thats crap" .     I have never cheated on him or anyone so there is no reason not to trust me.  And it is coming from a man who got another woman pregnant while he was married to his first wife.          I still trust him after all that and he dont trust me I just dont get it.   

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Replies (11-13):
tiredmama42
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Quoting ShannaBee:

Maybe he has trust issues because of his past. He knew he did wrong to his ex and is scared Karma will catch him and you'll treat him the way he treated her. Or he feels guilty because he's cheating (in my experience, those who accuse are the ones doing), I hate to say that, I am not usually on the "he's cheating" bandwagon.

Have you talked to him about why he is so jealous? Something is making him insecure.

I think his trust issues are do to his past. I have used that phrase with him a few times (usually when we have these arguements) and he gets so offended. Neither one of us are cheating we are always together and when we are not he texting constantly.   I think its more the guilt of his past or because his ex did or because he has insecurity issues.  I told him last night hes got to stop.  When I asked him what I said that made him think I was flirting he said "it was nothing you said but when you crossed your arms your ring finger was tucked in"   wow.. that is just crazy!  I suggested counseling for him.

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Counceling may help, it could get him some closure on the past so that he can move on from it. My DH is very insecure because of his exes, and sometimes I feel like I'm being punished because of it. It gets frustrating. I hope counceling, if he goes, can help him move on from his insecurities and pain.

Quoting tiredmama42:

Quoting ShannaBee:

Maybe he has trust issues because of his past. He knew he did wrong to his ex and is scared Karma will catch him and you'll treat him the way he treated her. Or he feels guilty because he's cheating (in my experience, those who accuse are the ones doing), I hate to say that, I am not usually on the "he's cheating" bandwagon.

Have you talked to him about why he is so jealous? Something is making him insecure.

I think his trust issues are do to his past. I have used that phrase with him a few times (usually when we have these arguements) and he gets so offended. Neither one of us are cheating we are always together and when we are not he texting constantly.   I think its more the guilt of his past or because his ex did or because he has insecurity issues.  I told him last night hes got to stop.  When I asked him what I said that made him think I was flirting he said "it was nothing you said but when you crossed your arms your ring finger was tucked in"   wow.. that is just crazy!  I suggested counseling for him.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Different people have different definitions of what flirting actually is.    Any chance he's insecure because of something from his past?  It can be hard to not let things from the past affect the present... even the present with somebody else.   It could even be that what he did to his ex wife haunts him... maybe in his subconscious he doesn't feel like he deserves to be happy so he looks for things (like flirting) to prove himself right?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)