Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Have you ever made, or has  your partner(s) ever made you, sleep on the couch?

Dave has slept in our bed on a night that he was suppossed to sleep with cerena because they were arguing and i have done it as well when i was suppossed to sleep with Irish and Irish and I were arguing.  It is kinda nice having an empty king sized bed some days lol.  I have never made one of my partners, or had someone make me, sleep on the couch / other room, etc.

Did you / they do it as a punishment for something?Did you / they see it as a punishment?  No i don't think anyone in our house does it as a "punishment", it is always a choice.  No one has ever told thier partner "get out of my bed, go sleep somewhere else" that just wouldn't be respectful.

If i am very angry with Irish, tho that is a very rare occurance, i will sleep in David and I's bed because i don't want to keep arguing...typically i get up in the middle of the night and go back to him lol. I hate going to bed angry but soemtimes that man just won't let go...damn stubborn irishmen lmfao.

Dave and I don't go to bed angry, we will sit up all night if we have too, it is something we have always done.  Not sure if that is just a result of having been together for so long or if it is just in our nature lol.

anryan

Wife to.....

David and Irish 

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Replies (31-40):
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

9 times out of 10 DH crashes out on the couch watching TV.  So that's a non-issue LOL.  I'll always go to bed and read, and he'll lay in the living room and watch TV (after our nightly talk/cuddle session) and he'll end up passing out.  Whenever I've tried to wake him up to ask him to come to bed, that just starts an argument.  Go figure.  SMH

i.heart.myboys
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Dh decided to sleep on the couch once but not because he was in trouble he wasn't sleeping well. We never go to bed angry but try to work things out and than cuddle:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I have never made him sleep on the couch, well,intentionally. Sometimes I sleep wild and he goes to the couch. But no, I never punish him like that.

beeky
by Alexandra on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Nope.

blondieof3kids
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I have the same problem!!!

Quoting ruby_jewel_04:

My dh sleeps on the couch a lot. Mostly to save me from his insanely bad snoring. Lol...

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Thanks!! : ] hows the baby??

Quoting Anryan:

ugh that sucks it takes so long to go full time, but that is the gov't for you..hurry up and wait lol.  Hopefully the actual work part is enjoyable even if the hours are crappy.  You will do great girl, you always do :O)

Quoting biancalina20:

Thanks. I'm glad your doing well too girl.

Well the job..sucks...why? Because. I'm part time and they don't give full time until after two years. But its a government job so I'm sticking to it. Ill probably try and get another part time. I'm staying with my grandparents so I deff want to get out of here..!

Everything else is getting there. Just trying to build everything up again.

Quoting Anryan:

i am so glad you got out of that relationship sweetie, i know it was hard on you and DD.  Glad you guys are doing well and so excited for the new man in your life!!  How is your job going?  Still loving everything else?

Quoting biancalina20:

LOL..... wellllllll..... Ive been seeing aomeone for the past couple months and he recently on my birthday (July 31) askes me to be his gf. Anyway my ex h and I have been in the divorcing process for a long.time now. I mean, there's only.so much I could take and I just finally was strong enough to say no more and left him. He didn't change his ways. Was still mean cruel abusive, etc. But my DD and I are doing well :)

Quoting Anryan:

Hey sweetie, i'm good, things are hectic but good lol.  When did you get a new SO? Ok fill me in, i am sooooo behind apparently!

Miss Ya!

Anryan

Quoting biancalina20:

I forgot to write... How are you girl?? Don't see you much abd ever since I changed my phone, I haven't been able to keep up with your journal :P.

Hows life?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fostermomoftwo
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:27 PM

my hubby is 100% irish first generation born in america and hes not stubborn at all, no one in his family really is. They do have hot tempers but dh and his brother have been involved in every type of martial arts so they have more patinece than most people. but if we get into an argument we stay up all night and work it out.

Quoting amanda81919:

The irish are stubborn. I'm all but born there.lol my dh says I'm the most stubborn womn he's ever met...but no really if he's mad he stays on the couch or I do, we don't kick each other out unless he accidentially does while he's sleeping.

lucky to have the best husband in the world

fostermomoftwo
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:30 PM

no i have never made my dh sleep on the couch, one time he did for about 10 mins until he came back into the room begging to talk, i was just tired and he kept wanting to work it out. Thats about it, he cannot absolutely cannot stand me being mad at him or in a bad mood, he does he best to make it all better, which can annoy me sometimes, cause sometimes i just wanna be cranky LOL.

momof3inTN
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Neither of us have ever made the other sleep on the sofa. Some times though, if we'd been arguing, one of us will fall asleep on the sofa and the other doesn't make any moves to wake the first (usually it's my DH falling asleep on the sofa and I just leave him there) but that's as close as it gets. Otherwise, if we're still ticked off at bedtime, we each move to the very edge of our side of the bed and there's a huge gap in between... gotta love the King size bed. LOL

amanda81919
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:57 PM
I'm 2nd generation and my family is stubborn. Your dh must not be from our side of the island

Quoting fostermomoftwo:

my hubby is 100% irish first generation born in america and hes not stubborn at all, no one in his family really is. They do have hot tempers but dh and his brother have been involved in every type of martial arts so they have more patinece than most people. but if we get into an argument we stay up all night and work it out.

Quoting amanda81919:

The irish are stubborn. I'm all but born there.lol my dh says I'm the most stubborn womn he's ever met...but no really if he's mad he stays on the couch or I do, we don't kick each other out unless he accidentially does while he's sleeping.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)