Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Have you ever made, or has  your partner(s) ever made you, sleep on the couch?

Dave has slept in our bed on a night that he was suppossed to sleep with cerena because they were arguing and i have done it as well when i was suppossed to sleep with Irish and Irish and I were arguing.  It is kinda nice having an empty king sized bed some days lol.  I have never made one of my partners, or had someone make me, sleep on the couch / other room, etc.

Did you / they do it as a punishment for something?Did you / they see it as a punishment?  No i don't think anyone in our house does it as a "punishment", it is always a choice.  No one has ever told thier partner "get out of my bed, go sleep somewhere else" that just wouldn't be respectful.

If i am very angry with Irish, tho that is a very rare occurance, i will sleep in David and I's bed because i don't want to keep arguing...typically i get up in the middle of the night and go back to him lol. I hate going to bed angry but soemtimes that man just won't let go...damn stubborn irishmen lmfao.

Dave and I don't go to bed angry, we will sit up all night if we have too, it is something we have always done.  Not sure if that is just a result of having been together for so long or if it is just in our nature lol.

anryan

Wife to.....

David and Irish 

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Replies (61-70):
sugarnspice89
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:58 AM

No. That does nothing but make things worse. We don't fight that often, but when we do, we handle it before we go to bed. It's usually something stupid that causes the worst fights, so we cool off, then deal with it, and it's resolved before we go to sleep.

momma4AJ
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 3:52 AM

the only reason my husband sleeps on the couch is because of our cats... we dont let them in the bedrooms and so when we are both in the room they try to claw up the carpet...

chrissydan
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 5:57 AM
We tend to still sleep in the same bed even if we are upset i think its just one of those things like its not fair to that person its their bed to or if its the comfort of having each other near even when upset
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clubpenguin
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:36 AM
I will be the one to leave the bedroom if we fight
Thelmama
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Only if he is snoring so loud I can't sleep.  Sometimes I move to the couch and sometimes he does. It is never about punishment. It is about getting a good night's sleep so I can function the next day.

MamaXRandi
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I have tried to tell my hubby to sleep on the couch once or twice when we have had a fight at night and he just says nope.  Haha its kind of funny when you think about it.  He says if I am the one who is mad I should sleep someplace else, which I have (in our guest room). 

thecoffeefairy
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:17 PM
I don't make SO sleep on sofa and I have no desire to lose sleep or be uncomfortable because I'm angry. I can't be objective if I'm sleep deprived. When we had another woman with us, she would go to her bed if she was miffy. But we have a super nice memory foam mattress and 4 post bed in our" guest room". She wasn't lacking for comfortšŸ˜‰I would not use that room even though it's vacant because I don't want kids to notice when we have a rare disagreement. They need the security that we are a strong, loving couple.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tigger1985
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Husband goes and sleeps in SS bed since he is never there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsparker0
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Never forced. We often push them together and camp out in front of the fireplace to enjoy some kid free time lol. Half the time we end up sleeping there! Hubs always goes to couch if ds gets in our bed or if he wants to stay up late playing video games.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-mrs.mamma-
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 2:00 PM
No. We both refuse to sleep anywhere but our bed :)
So we don't even try to "kick the other out", lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)